• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Throttle cable

apexhank

Pro
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2021 SIDEWINDER LTX GT (soon)!
2019 SIDEWNDER LTX DX 6000 miles
2018 VIPER LTX DX 2200 miles
2014 VIPER LTX DX 8000 + miles
2014 BENNINGTON 22 ft. PONTOON BOAT/ 90 HP Yamaha
I have a 19 Sidewinder LTX- DX, I have to hold the throttle slightly for machine to start. What is the adjustment process to take slack out of cable, or do I raise RPMs a little bit?

You don't want to take all the slack out of throttle cable or you could end up with sd84(tors)... if you need to make the adjustment it's on the handle bar riser and your looking for .030-.060 in. free play at throttle lever

You don't want to take all the slack out of throttle cable or you could end up with sd84(tors)... if you need to make the adjustment it's on the handle bar riser and your looking for .030-.060 in. free play at throttle lever
My biggest problem right now is sled won’t idle unless I hold travel open a little. Not sure which way to go with adjustment.

Bring it to dealer for warranty. Mine was the same, they changed all kinds of stuff. It was running rich. I think it was the fuel return elbow.

Back