• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Tippy 2005 Yamaha RS Rage

Robi

Veteran
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2003 Yamaha RX1 mountain
Hey guys. Just bought a 2005 Yamaha RS Rage 121” track. Seems pretty tippy and daughter is scared to ride it. Any way I can make this less tippy? Expecially around corners.

Thanks

stock sway bar? i know my 05 rx felt tippy until i put the 13 mm bar into it.

Video on tuning the Proaction Rear suspension

On the front end , I would get the sled off the ground and loosen the springs on the shocks until they are just about loose . When you set the sled back down on the ground the "A" arms should be level not tilted or Pitched upwards . I'm guessing you might have some bad darting going on with skis . Run a straight edge along the track and out to the front of the skis . Measure from the straight edge to the front carbide bolt then measure to the back bolt . You want the front bolt pointing out about a 1/4" max on both sides . " Not" toed in like this / \ .

https://www.hardcoresledder.com/threads/ski-shims-101-why-and-how.497465/
An important aid in helping with Darting is shimming the ski. The link above will show you and walk you thru it .

I don't know much about the Pro action rear suspension but if you daughter is light weight set every thing to as soft as it gets and work you way stiffer .
With your daughter sitting on the sled the rear should sag at the back bumper at least 2" from no one sitting on the sled .

It will be a great sled When you get it figured out .

Back