• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

TORS, Hunting rpm at idle, hard to start

MN Sledder

Country
USA
Snowmobile
Nytro XTX
Hi guys, having an issue with my 2011 nytro, push turbo kit. 4000 miles, koso afr gauge, push turbo (gems?) Fuel controller.

Last season I noticed it hunting rpm's at idle when cold, between 1200-2200 I bought it this way. I thought it was just normal, maybe something to do with the turbo kit or fuel controller. It ran fine all last season.

I was riding Friday and the TORS kicked in on me. Code 84 flashing yellow light. I got it to clear up and kept riding. Over the day it got progressively worse, and on the way back the throttle started acting up. If I barely touched the throttle and then released it again, the sled would accelerate to 28 mph and stay there on its own. The throttle cable seems to be fine, not sticking or hanging up on anything.

The sled now is extremely hard to start.

My air/fuel ratios started going funny at the same time, running super lean under any ammount of load. Tried richening the fuel controller and didn't seem to do anything.

Could this be a TPS issue?

I think I fixed it, adjusted the throttle free play, the tps reading was 24 at throttle closed, after adjustment it is 16 on the diagnostic menu on the gauge cluster.

There was a vaccum line off that goes to the fuel controller, fixed it and all seems to be fine now.

Back