• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Track Change

msatow

Extreme
Can soneone direct me to a post about changing tracks on an 06 Apex GT. I have done plenty of Ski-Doo track changes but this will be my first Yamaha trach change. Just want to see if their is any tricks you guys know of. I cant seem to ever find anything with the search feature. I'm sure its something that I'm doing wrong. Thanks .

MrSled said:
http://www.totallyamaha.com/snowmobiles/aaTECH/Suspension/RX1Track/RX1replacing_track.htm
Wow now thats a very good step by step procedure tom,that should help anyone do it right,you the man..... Tom thanks. ;)!

Yes, MrSled you are the man. Many thanks.

I have a similar question on a track change on the Yamaha apex GT. Does the washer go on the bolt on the outline like the picture or by the nut under the sled connecting the arms to the sled? I looked at the picture on the service manual and can't find it.
bolt and washer for drive shaft.JPG

yup inside
I should have known. We were so excited just to get it lined up without tearing up the bushing. I have the entire skid installed. I'm hoping I can use a rachet and take enough pressure off those arms to wiggle it out and the washer on the right side.

yup it will come out, put washer on then nut, its an easy skid to take in and out, you'll get it lined back up! but i know what u mean i have reinstalled some skids on different machines and been so excited i got bolts reinstalled after alot of swearing and sweat!!!

Back