• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

track clip tool

HABS 1

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2006 apex gt,136 Hartman ext,dalton clutched,full excel exhaust,yamiheaters,cna pro ex white skis,hid lights,mtx riser,1.5 intense track,etc,etc!---2021 sidewinder xtx se
has any one used this tool to install clips on a 1.5 inch track? i have had it for a while and was going to replace some clips but the paddle relief is not deep enough, says its good up to 1 .25 paddle track, i havent tried it yet but was curious as to if it would still work? if it would crush the paddle enough to crimp? its a nice tool i dont want to buy another!!i originally got it to redo a track on a 82 enticer i rebuilt for my kids, worked great on that the lugs only quarter inch high!!

image.jpeg

I would think it would collapse the paddle enough to work. You could probably nip a 1/4 inch out of the tool with a grinder...

ya was thinking on niping! but to take a quarter inch out it will be right at if not in the hole where the bolt comes down into the die, and the relieft thats in there is an inch deep so i think their alredy pushing it with a 1.25 inch track!

woulnt care to nip as long it dont snap in 2 case its at that hole!!

woulnt care to nip as long it dont snap in 2 case its at that hole!!

Ya...agreed. I don't see a die in the royal book for 1.5". I'd try it first as is. I used the bolt cutter style and the track interfered but you could work around it. I broke and fixed the POS tool 8 times lol. I wish I had of waited and bought your style of tool.

:rofl:hahahaha thats funny guy at work got one n broke also!! the die shown in pic is actually for 1.5 wide clips and i just ordered the 3/4-1 inch die from royal , its on its way! then i seen this, ya your right i just have to try!

doktorc have u ever used the clutch puller bolt from royal? i order one of them 2 but seems cheap 26 bucks!!! was wondering if she'll pretzel up on me first time using!!!

doktorc have u ever used the clutch puller bolt from royal? i order one of them 2 but seems cheap 26 bucks!!! was wondering if she'll pretzel up on me first time using!!!

Yup..had it for decades...has a bit of a curve to it but it's taken many, many clutches off.

nice , good to know thanks

Ya I bought the Handel style from royal and it worked great did two sleds but stupid me reefed sideways on it to straighten a clip and she snapped off in my hand

Back