• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Track length Poll

what length track do you prefer?

• 121"

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 128"

• 136"

• 141-144"

• 151-153"

• 162" and up

• Total voters
I votet 136". I rode 121's all the way up to 2009, when I got my current Apex LTX GT. I ride 95% trail, and 5% other. I really like the 136 for smoothness. If I were buying a new ride, it would be an XTX Apex though.

I dont see myself getting a new sled for quite some time, I had to save my pennies for a looong time to drop cash to buy my current sled outright. I was very confident that the 2009 had all that I wanted for what I use it for. Hopefully I will have mine for a decade of fun!

121... i Love the tight trails, drag racing and with a 1.75 track it does great up here in the mountians.... and the suspension is so much better.... It is easier to take a short skid with good shocks and make it longer..... super hard to make a long sled short

thrasher said:
My vote is for the 121". Have both 136" and the 121". I only ride on trail, with pretty much a 50/50 mix of tight and twisty and full throttle flat lands. With a studded track and SnowTracker carbides, my 121" handles like it's on rails and no twitchiness and high speeds.. The 136" works great in a straight line, very tiring in the twisties. I'd love to try a 128" track, I think it would be ideal for the type of riding that I do.
You're reading my mind !!! ;)!

Voted 136 & 144 tipped AOK providing you have at least 145 ponies to move it. No one track for all sleds but 128 should be new shorty for 4s but I don't want it. I think AC has all 128s or larger on new 2012 platform. Only application for 121 is extreme bump sled & Yam sleds not that.

Yup 121,or 128,i got to ride the 2012 models last march,and we all agreeded the 128 which is all that is offerd now,would be better suited to our riding style. we did try the 144 tipped up railed xtx in both apex and nytro models,but its not what we like,also someone earlier stated they dont like the way the 121 slides out from you in corners,that is what we strive for in our set up,i even add a 1" track over the 1.25 just for that benefit,plus extra top end,and the 136 or the 144 are just to long to provide this rear end slide,we like,as the front end sticks,and the back end slides just enough,to sling shot you thru the corner,with perfect tracking and control,to set up for the next turn. this is why i like the 121 over the 136, i did like a lot of things about my attack,except that trend,and every one to there owne opions,bottom line all of the apex models provide better riding exsperiance than any other sled out there for all kinds of riding,period. And i have gone back and forth from apex to doo xpx to dragon back to old apexgt and i am smiling again. Cheers!!!

144"!!! after owning nothing but shorties I rolled the dice and bought my Phazer MTX, I'm NEVER going back to a 121" Trail rides the same as a 121" and the speed is just as good also. With the tipped up rails I have the equivalent of a 128" tracks worth of ground pressure on hard pack and it gets me through anything I need here in the flat lands. No longer need SPEED to keep me up on top of the snow. After drag racing a few short track phazers I've found I can take them off the line due to extra traction and hold them off for over a 1/4 mile before they SLOWLY pass me with the extra 2-3mph top end they have. you don't need HP to effectively use a 144" track.

My apex xtx is the best do it all well sled that i ever owned... And it is just as fast top end as the shorty... Raced plenty of the shortys and we r the same top end. 112 gps on groomed trail with a thick base. But from dead dig the long track walkes away from the shorty. And with tiped up railes it corners great 2. You just cant go wrong with the xtx!!! LOVE IT ;)! :Rockon: :yam:

Mad Russian said:
My apex xtx is the best do it all well sled that i ever owned... And it is just as fast top end as the shorty... Raced plenty of the shortys and we r the same top end. 112 gps on groomed trail with a thick base. But from dead dig the long track walkes away from the shorty. And with tiped up railes it corners great 2. You just cant go wrong with the xtx!!! LOVE IT ;)! :Rockon: :yam:

Well said ;)!

C'mon Nick, your just a copy catter.... did I just use the word CAT on TY!!! 30 lashes with a wet doooodle for me HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! I have 2 136's (Viper, Venture) and 2 144's, ( Attak, Apex XTX ). EVERYONE has an opinion, right?? For ME and MY riding style, the 144's work. BUT, if I ONLY rode here in N. Illinois.... it'd be the Apex XTX LOL. It is NOT a sled for everyone! But it suits ME! I am 6'3" and go 300 lbs dressed out. I can run my Attak with any of the short track guys I ride with, and the XTX is getting there. The XTX is MUCH easier to ride (tipped rails and EPS) than the Attak. But the Attak handles better.HMMM, could be 4 yrs of setup, right?? The beauty of this site is the vast knowledge and experience of those that are members here. Base your decision on ALL the opinions here..... or go to a demo and create your own impressions. You CANNOT go WRONG with any of the choices given here. If you don't like the track length you end up with, CHANGE IT!! I've stretched 2 sleds and wouldn't sweat stretching the Attak to a 153 or longer. I've made it MINE! WHEW, kinda' longwinded, aint I. Nick and others know me and know I am passionate about what this site has to offer. Civilty and respect is our standard, let everyones OPINION be heard with merit!!

Dave OUT!!

Back