• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

trailtank usable gallons

grizztracks

Tech Advisor
Country
USA
Snowmobile
FX Nytro RTX, RS Vector, SR Viper RTX SE
I installed the 10gal trailtank. I don't think all 10 gal are usable so does anyone know what the actual usable gallons are for these tanks. The original tank is 7.4gal, what is the actual usable gallons for the OEM? Has anyone ran out of gas with either one of theses tanks then filled up and remember the gallons. I'd like to know what I've actually gained with this tank.

I ran mine dry and when I say dry, I mean literally dry. The only thing I had to do to literally get the last 5-6 ounces of fuel was to elevate the front. That sponge/pad on the fuel pump really captures all the fuel as it sloshes around.

Unfortunately once I ran dry I had to put in other gas and didn't have a means to measure it to see how much it took. But trust me, it was totally empty as I ran out completely going up hill.

I ran my stock tank down low. Wasn't out, but put in exactly 7 Gallons of fuel. I can't say how much of the remaining .4 gallons I could have used though.

The trailtank appears to have more area below the fuel pump sock than the OEM tank. I was concerned this might be unusable fuel. I didn't think about the fuel pump sock absorbing gas. It sound like both tanks use almost all the fuel. Thanks

you cant fill the trail tank to the top. As it pisses out the top few liters out the over flow. 2 inches from the top is all you can do. Id say there is 36-37 usable liters in the trail tank and 28 in the stocker.

Yeah, your right I'm going to try and re route the vent line up the bars, see if that helps

waubamikrider said:
you cant fill the trail tank to the top. As it pisses out the top few liters out the over flow. 2 inches from the top is all you can do. Id say there is 36-37 usable liters in the trail tank and 28 in the stocker.

My OEM tank would do the same if I removed the sleeve to fill it. Gas is too expensive to have it run out on the ground. I think that piss tube needs modified, rerouted or something. Come spring I'm going to see if something can be done so I can pack it full. For now I'm just happy to be carrying a few extra gallons.

Yes this is true. I learned this the first time I filled my trail tank.

I wonder if you got a longer piece of tube and ran it all the way down on the right then back up and all the way down to the left where it is now if it would help?

Install a round Mikuni carb jet into the breather hose by the tank. It'll let out the air without letting out all the gas.

I need the numbers for the trailtank now. what is the max gallons put into a trailtank at the pumps. We lost are snow but I'm going to head to Tug Hill if the weather holds out. I'll check it then if I get there.

I'll be happy with 9.5+ gallons. I'm not sure about my low fuel light yet. I bent the rod when I installed it as the directions indicated. It's hard to adjust because the the bar gage has a significant delay. it looks like I'll have to wait until next year to find out.

Thanks

Back