1. PLEASE READ: If you have problems logging in with your old password, click the Forgot Password link in the log in screen to get an email verification to request a new password or click Here. If you haven't received a new password from the forum please email your username and password to webmaster@totallyamaha.com. Sorry for the inconvenience.
  2. All hotmail, msn, outlook, live email accounts are not receiving email notifications. The only way to remedy this is to add @totallyamaha.com to your safe senders list in order to receive notifications.

trouble shooting hand warmers on 2012 Nytro

Discussion in 'FX Nytro General Talk' started by brh, Dec 23, 2013.

1. brh

brh Pro

Half way through yesterdays ride both hand warmers quit working, ice cold with thumbwarmer working slightly. shortly afterward the left handwarmer started to work but not very much heat. The left one worked on and off the rest of the day with the right one never coming on. The thumbwarmer worked the rest of the ride but not very hot. Any suggestions where to start??

3. Kirkdking

Kirkdking Newbie

do you have a yamaheater installed?

4. brh

brh Pro

Just stock handwarmers no Yamaheater

5. Kirkdking

Kirkdking Newbie

i had this problem with mine when i first got her as well i found that in mid range rpm she was working alright but not good but if you stopped or let the machine idle they turned off the way to fit it is install a yamheater.. the box is a plug and play and always heat no matter what rpm the skidoo is at.

6. brh

brh Pro

I agree that the handwarmers on my 2009 nytro needed the yamaheaters the 2012 actually would get hot at idle and have worked fine for the first 5000 miles.