• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Trying The 8DN BELT

[quote="

As always, ignore center to center and set secondary for proper belt deflection...thats why that adjustment is there.[/quote]

no wonder you have problems....

it is there to adjust for belt wear, not lenght.

I've been reading this post for the past couple of days, so what exactly is the 8DN belt?? Is it the same as a nytro? Or SRX belt?? Pardon my ignorance, new to the 4 stroke side, and I know coming from the SRX it had the 8DN belt

the 8dn fits all other 4 stroke models but the phazer, and 2 strokes back to 98 ish

09nytro said:
Lol....
You can't back up anything you say !
You can't just look at them and say there's a big difference in then both ...may my sled was made on Wednesday and not Monday after and weekend at the bar .... Lol....
If you guys are going to put this out don't just say they look different get some numbers to back it up , can't go off looks alone !

Only difference between the two is one is longer than the other that's it , same compound , width and contacted surface !

Sorry !

Puhleeease. You just said a few posts back you have 8DN belts that measured different. Now you say your measurement does not match what we are saying. You have been hanging onto this thread saying it doesn't work for far too long. Everybody so far that has tried it liked it but you.....need I say it??

belt

Anyone know a Yamaha engineer that can provide some insight on this topic? Makes me wonder if a belt change will be implemented for 2015MY.

Would love to know what Yamaha is thinking on this issue...

suburban said:
[quote="

As always, ignore center to center and set secondary for proper belt deflection...thats why that adjustment is there.

I have no more problems since putting a Nytro belt on a Nytro engine with Nytro clutches.

Please learn some more before you say things like (it is there to adjust for belt wear, not lenght) that some of our newer members may believe it. Secondary adjustment is for deflection adjustment most often caused by parts wear, or initial setup. If you ever had a 8DN wear far enough to need secondary adjustment I want to hear about it.

stingray719 said:
09nytro said:
Lol....
You can't just look at them and say there's a big difference in then both ...may my sled was made on Wednesday and not Monday after and weekend at the bar .... Lol....
If you guys are going to put this out don't just say they look different get some numbers to back it up , can't go off looks alone !

Only difference between the two is one is longer than the other that's it , same compound , width and contacted surface !

Sorry !

Puhleeease. You just said a few posts back you have 8DN belts that measured different. Now you say your measurement does not match what we are saying. You have been hanging onto this thread saying it doesn't work for far too long. Everybody so far that has tried it liked it but you.....need I say it??
I've always said it's longer you are the one saying it Lola's this it looks that , I really don't think you what your talking about , and what I said is it didn't work for me and letting you guys know my findings that's it
If you don't like the truth don't read it

I had over 7000 miles on my Nytro on the same belt. No signs of wear. Not saying that they won't break. But I was the person that was having problems with the 8JP belt, went through 4 of them and I had enough! So my dealer looked and said the sled over there and said 450 hp and 8DN, so let's try it on Tims sled and they did. I got it back and rode around 300 miles and it was way better! So I posted it on here so other people having issues could take into consideration that it worked for me it could work for other people. I knew I was not the only person out there with rpm or speed issues out there! So I'm happy others are doing this to some great success! Might not work for everyone, but might help several. That's why I posted this a while ago, different post same thing.

09nytro said:
stingray719 said:
09nytro said:
Lol....

Sorry !

I've always said it's longer you are the one saying it Lola's this it looks that , I really don't think you what your talking about , and what I said is it didn't work for me and letting you guys know my findings that's it
If you don't like the truth don't read it

Truth is good, but this isn't...even according to your measurements a few posts back.

We ALL said it was longer by the way not sure where you got that we didn't. Anyways I am done chatting with you on this subject.

stingray719 said:
suburban said:
[quote="

As always, ignore center to center and set secondary for proper belt deflection...thats why that adjustment is there.

I have no more problems since putting a Nytro belt on a Nytro engine with Nytro clutches.

Please learn some more before you say things like (it is there to adjust for belt wear, not lenght) that some of our newer members may believe it. Secondary adjustment is for deflection adjustment most often caused by parts wear, or initial setup. If you ever had a 8DN wear far enough to need secondary adjustment I want to hear about it.

its quite obvious to several of us now by your posts you have no idea what your talking about.
instead of working on your post count, try learning more than just clutching lingo.

OK! Now it's time for me to jump in here. The 2 of you need to BOTH step back, take a deep breath, and cool the back and forth. You've both had ample time to stop. Lots of theory, ideas , tried and true etc. etc etc. goes on in every thread. Let's restore this to a respectful discussion please.

Dave, TY Staff

I think maybe we should meet for coffee and talk about this! ;)!

No worries guys! If it works for some right on! If not oh well it was worth a shot. We all know the 8DN is 11 mm longer. I think it's wider too, but that's just looking at them I never measure just like I don't read directions. No need to get upset, really I should talk...lol...

I'm just trying to help everyone enjoy there sleds! I really like mine and will keep helping if I find something that works for me. But snow is here and coming and mines in the shop...no good! Oh well I'll just be in here writing stupid stuff...lol :drink: :moon:

belt

Just put the 8DN on my 129 Viper.Had to add 1 1mm shim to the back of the clutch to get the belt nicely above the secondary as my nytro was.
Will be heading up to Maine for a week on Sat.so we will see how it goes.Stock belt was already setting down in the sec.after only 762 miles.Have a Hitech cover on my primary so I can adjust how far the moveable primary sheave is from the belt,this has always worked great.

Re: belt

garyw said:
Just put the 8DN on my 129 Viper.Had to add 1 1mm shim to the back of the clutch to get the belt nicely above the secondary as my nytro was.
Will be heading up to Maine for a week on Sat.so we will see how it goes.Stock belt was already setting down in the sec.after only 762 miles.Have a Hitech cover on my primary so I can adjust how far the moveable primary sheave is from the belt,this has always worked great.

Right on I would love to go to Maine! Take some pictures and put them on here!

Back