• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Trying The 8DN BELT

Re: writing

bleedyamaha said:
Thanks Tim. Thats what I did. Put on 80 miles today on 2 rivers. Trails sucked cause you couldnt see but the rivers were fun. Turkeys bald eagles deer coyote and pheasants. The belt chirping is gone. Very sliippery with new snow falling all day.

Right on, I went with some friends and my wife and it was hard to see, clouds matched the snow and the snow dust was bad. Usually I trust the guy in front of me and follow his tail light, but it was way to bumpy with all the wind we have had. But still a great time! :sled1:

belt

Just got back from northern Maine on friday,great trails.Put on 1206 miles in 5 days on the 8dn belt on my 129 ltx.Clutches are clean,ran cool,rpms at 8600 but need to lighten up the weights a little to fix that.
Went back to my dealer yesterday and swapped in my new 8JP for another 8DN.Works great for me.

Re: belt

garyw said:
Just got back from northern Maine on friday,great trails.Put on 1206 miles in 5 days on the 8dn belt on my 129 ltx.Clutches are clean,ran cool,rpms at 8600 but need to lighten up the weights a little to fix that.
Went back to my dealer yesterday and swapped in my new 8JP for another 8DN.Works great for me.

That's really good to hear! ;)!
8600 rpm pretty good, you can take some weight out to get a little more rpm, 2-300 more isn't really going to give you that much more. The 1049 has a broad torque band. But then again you might pick up 2-3 or more mph. Let us know! :-o

ok i had a new 8dn hanging in the shed and said what the hell lets try it. well i have nothing but good news to report. zero slippage, no more hunting rpm in powder which was my big problem, and better launch. just now my rpm is a little low 8300 to 8450, secondary is at 3 and 3. probly going to the dealer to get the reverse update and they can search for the newest antifreeze leak. and prob full hindle system so they will have to set the clutches anyway. no more 8jp for this guy. keep the used one for a spare.

tator said:
ok i had a new 8dn hanging in the shed and said what the hell lets try it. well i have nothing but good news to report. zero slippage, no more hunting rpm in powder which was my big problem, and better launch. just now my rpm is a little low 8300 to 8450, secondary is at 3 and 3. probly going to the dealer to get the reverse update and they can search for the newest antifreeze leak. and prob full hindle system so they will have to set the clutches anyway. no more 8jp for this guy. keep the used one for a spare.

That's awesome!! :Rockon:
Seems everyone is losing rpm. Probably cause the belt ain't slipping! Try 1-6 might work. Or lose some weight in the tip or middle. Probably gain 2-300 rpm. Or clutch kit. Should work great! ;)!

Hey took the tip weights out with the 8DN and WOW it pulls hard. Raced my brothers LTX SE a number of times, he has the Ulmer stage 1 clutch kit and it's a pretty close race. He takes me by 1 length. Rpm's are 8750 -8800. A lot snapper on take off. Different sled to drive, love it.

Rxviper said:
Hey took the tip weights out with the 8DN and WOW it pulls hard. Raced my brothers LTX SE a number of times, he has the Ulmer stage 1 clutch kit and it's a pretty close race. He takes me by 1 length. Rpm's are 8750 -8800. A lot snapper on take off. Different sled to drive, love it.

Well we are going to have to work on your sled to beat him by 5 sleds :Rockon:

well that didnt last long. 150 miles. belt exploded. second belt to go. one was the viper belt. that lasted 1500 miles. nytro belt lasted 150 miles. now what??

its all bout break in. I know a guy that has a 2013 1100t with 2800 on his original belt. he is a firm beliver in nothing over 40 for the first 80 miles. must work because we all know they are a 200 mi belt machine.

YamahaTim said:
Rxviper said:

Don't worry Tim I'll beat him,I have more money than him. Just need to get it from the boss, lol.

kritter5150 said:
well that didnt last long. 150 miles. belt exploded. second belt to go. one was the viper belt. that lasted 1500 miles. nytro belt lasted 150 miles. now what??
Try a gates g-force belt !
Part # 40g4313

Rxviper said:
YamahaTim said:
Rxviper said:

Don't worry Tim I'll beat him,I have more money than him. Just need to get it from the boss, lol.

Right on! Make sure and let us know! Or better yet some videos, :-o :Rockon:

kritter5150 said:

The 8DN exploded crazy, the 8JP I exploded 4 of them hammers now with the 8DN I have well over a 1000 miles now and it looks great and performing like new.

09nytro said:
kritter5150 said:
Try a gates g-force belt !
Part # 40g4313

OMG give up! Ulmer is using 8dn, Hartman is testing 8dn, I say it works and countless others and still you are trying to say it does not. Now not everybody knows how to identify a "Technical Wizard In Training" aka TWIT so please people do your research before you believe a TWIT and not someone who actually tests things. Call your favorite clutching expert and ASK, all that I deal with will take the time to talk to you and explain things if you have questions. But there time is valuable so please ask just the questions you need answers to and not "how does a clutch work"...lol.

Tried the Ultimax version of the 8DN number 138-4432U4 and really liked it. Girlfriend stuck the sled and before I could get there a well meaning guy put it about half throttle and SMOKED the belt hard. Surprisingly enough it didn't flat spot it....I am impressed!

Dealer I bought this Viper from asked me if I would mind if Yamaha development calls me about the over 10k altitude mods we have done and of course I said yes. Should be interesting!

Back