• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Tuner III Skis SW

plake

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Sidewinder LTX
Just at the dealer today asked about what came on skis for stock runners, tech said dual 4" carbide. Anyone know for sure? Didn't expect that thought maybe 2" and zero. I'm planning on riding it all stock to start and go from there.

I would guess it would be same as vipers were. 1 4ish inch and one runner. Don't plan on using them stock ones long. They will be toast in no more then 300mi.

The Sidewinder's that I've set together have had 4" of carbide per runner.

Yes that's what the tech told me, 2-4" per ski. Should be able to put a few miles on those. My past experience with Yamaha stock runners is there gone in 300 miles.

i'm starting out with 6 and 4.5 " shapers ,if it pushes ,i'll pull up the limiter .if that doesn't work .new skis.

i'm starting out with 6 and 4.5 " shapers ,if it pushes ,i'll pull up the limiter .if that doesn't work .new skis.
Studded?? That seems like a bunch of carbide.

Dealer told me there come ing with 4 and 4 as well. I think I'm going to give snow trackers a go I'm studding as well
Or I've have good experience with stud boy shaper bars. If none of those work, the new skis I was suggested curve xs seems to be the best.

What pattern u going with rday? I'm on the fence between 144 and 192. But know I'm going middle only.

What pattern u going with rday? I'm on the fence between 144 and 192. But know I'm going middle only.
I didn't think you could do more than 144 if only going up the middle?

You can't do more then 144 down the middle I'm running the outside too 4 per row. 2 of the same exact sleds with one studded on the outside will toast the sled studded only in the middle I've always studded the outside and I haven't had any problems with mine . I don't keep a sled long enough to worry about the track if I kept it for 10 years maybe I'd worry about it but for the 5 years max I'll ride it should be fine

Dealer told me there come ing with 4 and 4 as well. I think I'm going to give snow trackers a go I'm studding as well
Or I've have good experience with stud boy shaper bars. If none of those work, the new skis I was suggested curve xs seems to be the best.
Snow Trackers all the way!!!

192 down the middle using doubles all the way. 2 doubles per row. Same setup as my Apex was.

Yes sorry 144 studs down the middle,
48 double, 48 single backers. From woody s. And really stuck on carbides,
Thinking snow trackers but have had good experience with stud boy shaper bars, (on my apex which I still have) (and will never sell) prob 6 and 4.5 on the tunners. Guys been telling me curve skis. Uggggh don t know . I also have sly dog skis red and black prob look ok on my SW ltx le red and white. Giving me anxiety lol. All and all love yamahas
Just want to rule the trails this year, for it will prob be my last year I'm able to ride due to my disease ALS. :(

Back