• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Turbo Leak

jaydaniels

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2017 Sidewinder RTX
So, friend of mine appears to have a leak at his turbo. There is I guess what you call a vband connector or clamp that connects the exhaust side of the turbo to the air intake side. Seems to be leaking around this clamp. We tightened the clamp some more. Hopefully that fixed the issue. Has anyone see this before? I looked online and don’t see any seal or anything that is replaceable there. Seems the turbo comes as a unit only. We could tell it was leaking as there is black soot from the exhaust all around the area and on the underside of the heat shield. Thanks.

This is the clamp

Attachments

• BC37241E-3799-4441-B34E-5FA8E44FA944.jpeg
    BC37241E-3799-4441-B34E-5FA8E44FA944.jpeg
    230.8 KB · Views: 174
you might want to tap on that clamp where it sits on the turbo and tighten it again a few times. have to do that on heavy truck turbos when you need to adjust the housing positions for the applications fittings and pipes to reach.

Fairly common. I throw a socket on those two clamps every time a Winder comes through the shop.

Back