• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

TurboDynamics At NBSSR This Weekend

sx7001

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
Sidewinder
I hear TD won the spec 1 and 2 turbo class and set some records in Sudbury Ontario. Ran in the 160’s on a stock motor and turbo!!! Not sure of the exact speeds. Also heard someone blew a motor trying to keep up. Congrats to TD and crew.

I hear TD won the spec 1 and 2 turbo class and set some records in Sudbury Ontario. Ran in the 160’s on a stock motor and turbo!!! Not sure of the exact speeds. Also heard someone blew a motor trying to keep up. Congrats to TD and crew.
td won spec 2 class , not 1 , also won pro mod 1000 class and broke a new record of 163,5 mph with a stock turbo

Congrats to TD. Was that with his sled that was rolled at his practice area during testing. They gave that a different look with the repairs.

Too bad for whoever experienced a motor failure. Do not wish that on anyone. Theses guys really push that envelope of power so that I can run safe tunes and products.

Love what they do and wish I could be a spectator for a few.

Thanks to both, and congrats to TD again!! Your passion shows....

I'm sure Ben will post, but likely exhausted...it was a great weekend. TD brought 2 sleds.

Ben's promod (which was rolled in testing not long ago) New 1000 open record 163.5 mph
Mikes Spec 2 (full weight, but speed track allowed) New Spec 2 record 147.8 mph

It was a great event, and everyone had fun and very friendly.

Last edited:
I'm sure Ben will post, but likely exhausted...it was a great weekend. TD brought 2 sleds.

Ben's promod (which was rolled in testing not long ago) New 1000 open record 163.5 mph
Mikes Spec 2 (full weight, but speed track allowed) New Spec 2 record 147.8 mph

It was a great event, and everyone had fun and very friendly.
Hey bro,when is he coming out with the quickspool 16.5 tune for 3" and CAI?

Thanks for the nice comments.
here's a video of a few runs this weekend. We had a hell of a weekend things went really well for us.
In spec 1 with Mike's trail sled we got the new record but it was a battle but we got it in the end. It was a ton of fun competing against top opponents.
In spec 2 our stock turbo stock motor combo has been holding up even testing more aggressive setups and I love working to get more MPH out of that engine combo working the efficiency of the setup.
The sled went above our expectations.

Hey bro,when is he coming out with the quickspool 16.5 tune for 3" and CAI?
For now people are loving the Max 17 tunes. The demand for max spool 16 is not great at the moment,.
People either run powertrail which is 15.8 psi or Max spool at 17.6 psi.

We do have the max spool 16 SM out for the stock muffler. That is popular.

Congrats to TD. Was that with his sled that was rolled at his practice area during testing. They gave that a different look with the repairs.

Too bad for whoever experienced a motor failure. Do not wish that on anyone. Theses guys really push that envelope of power so that I can run safe tunes and products.

Love what they do and wish I could be a spectator for a few.

Thanks to both, and congrats to TD again!! Your passion shows....

True... we need pioneers that test new combos. Congrats to the shops that push the boundaries and are ready to put it all on the line in the name of science.

I would be very interested in Max Spool 16 tune myself. Something a touch safer then Max Spool 17 on suspect fuel would be ideal.

For now people are loving the Max 17 tunes. The demand for max spool 16 is not great at the moment,.
People either run powertrail which is 15.8 psi or Max spool at 17.6 psi.

We do have the max spool 16 SM out for the stock muffler. That is popular.
ben is max 17 a quick spool? And is it pump gas safe 91? And does it come with protection? PS congrates on the wins.Ben also is PT a quick spool,and is PT with 3 sandale and CAI 270 hp or above?

Last edited:
ben is max 17 a quick spool? And is it pump gas safe 91? And does it come with protection? PS congrates on the wins.Ben also is PT a quick spool,and is PT with 3 sandale and CAI 270 hp or above?
All maps spool quick, but Max spool 17 is quicker spool more aggressive tune than PT.

PT CAI with 3" ex is at least 270HP.
Max spool 17 runs well on good 91 octane.

All maps spool quick, but Max spool 17 is quicker spool more aggressive tune than PT.

Ben, I am running powertrail with SQ. Recently I downloaded max 17 and noticed no difference. I was informed by some on this site that the stock BOV only holds 14.5-15 lbs. So I called Mike at your shop a couple weeks ago about getting the new BOV, but he seemed reluctant to have me put it on. Does the map need to be changed? Thoughts? thanks

OK thanks ben,so I would guess your Max spool 17 would be at least 285 hp and I generally always fill 93 and carry octane boost torco.

Ben, I am running powertrail with SQ. Recently I downloaded max 17 and noticed no difference. I was informed by some on this site that the stock BOV only holds 14.5-15 lbs. So I called Mike at your shop a couple weeks ago about getting the new BOV, but he seemed reluctant to have me put it on. Does the map need to be changed? Thoughts? thanks
Same thing happened to me when I tried max 17. My stock BOV was blowing off below 16psi. Installed the turbosmart BOV and its all good now. No issues running it with PT tune, just make sure to run 91.

Same thing happened to me when I tried max 17. My stock BOV was blowing off below 16psi. Installed the turbosmart BOV and its all good now. No issues running it with PT tune, just make sure to run 91.
Do you have both maps downloaded? So PT is good no bov problems? How about max 17 need 3 bar map sensor,and new BOV to run it properly? If you could only load one map,and you are a hp junkie,which TD map would it be? Also is it a must on max 17 to have 93 or if you have only 91 can you run it on just that,no additives?

Back