• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Two Harbors?

yamaha1973

TY 4 Stroke Master
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2014 Viper XTX SE
Thinking about making a run up to Two Harbors this weekend but nobody in our group has been there.

First off, how is the snow? I am assuming trails are good based on the amount of snow they received earlier in the year?

Wondering about recommendations on where to stay, places to see, good trails, bad trails, any info that would be helpful...

Thanks in advance

The north shore state trail is in good shape. Ran it from Hwy 2 parking lot up to the Tresle on Friday.
The local trails around Silver bay are good. You will want to do the Moose walk and stop at the rest area for a photo op. The Tettegouche trail between Finland and Silver Bay has a great lookout over the big lake. The Pequaywan trail from state trail to Hugo's is supposed to be good. The Yukon is kinda rough when you get closer to Isabella. I've heard the trails up in the Grand Marias area are good. The trails closer to the shore have the best conditions.
If it was me I'd drive the extra 27 miles to Silver Bay and stay. Great local trails and you can run North or south from there. Americinn there or the Mariner motel for no frills.

Is this Mariner motel a decent place to stay? Its only $75 per night which is nice but I dont want to sleep with the rats and roaches... Some feedback on it would be nice!

I stayed there 20 years ago and was a clean no frills place to sleep. I know of a few guys from another forum that stay there when sledding and haven't complained. So I really can't give you a definite answer. Maybe someone else can weigh in on it. I see the rates sure have gone up...

Evil Santa said:
I stayed there 20 years ago and was a clean no frills place to sleep. I know of a few guys from another forum that stay there when sledding and haven't complained. So I really can't give you a definite answer. Maybe someone else can weigh in on it. I see the rates sure have gone up...

I think that is the most expensive unit with 2 beds and a fold out couch. Regular room was $55 plus $5 for each extra person

Anyone else wanna weigh in?

i just got back from two harbors and the state trail is trashed - the dnr is down to one groomer and said they are only doing the trail once a week. we rode the club trails and they are all good - we rode out of two harbors this morning back towards hibbing and the groomer had made one pass south.

Back