• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Ulmer clutch for 2011 Apex worth it?

Murse

Lifetime Member
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2011 Yamaha Apex Std Red
At $400 USD is this clutch kit worth it? Does it give you more? I had a kit on my 06 and I liked it. Stock clutch on 2011 seems good but I want more. Any feed back appreciated, thanks.

I put the kit on my 2007, have never ridden one with stock clutching. I know from 0-90MPH, it gets there quick. I know in testing Ulmer racing did on same Apex, same day, same conditions, the stock clutching went 90MPH, Ulmer kit went 100MPH in 1000'. 10MPH gain in just 1000', I believe it, really good acceleration in my opinion.
Hope this helps.

My thoughts as well Extreem, backshift is good, and it just keeps pulling hard.

Allen does his home work and its worth every penny for his test time. My attak was spot on and my nytro took one phone call on a saturday afternoon to sail in perfect.

I have his clutching on my 07 and love it.... fine tuned it slightly more to my riding style and was better yet with Allen's help. I would venture to say if he has a kit for the 2011 its worth it!
He has five prior years of Apex texting and tuning before the 2011.......

I have no doubt it would be awesome. Anyone actually have the kit for 2011 and up?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

My father has a 2011 apex se, he just put in ulmers clutch kit this year. I had it out last Friday for the first time after installing ulmers kit and was riding with a 2016 xrs 800. The doo used to pull me till 70-80 then we would be dead even no gain either way but he would already be ahead. With ulmers kit I pulled him mid to top end. We never lined up from a dead start, and couldn't test top end. The kit definitely works better than I thought it would, now I have to get one for my 06. And I weigh 100 lbs more than the doo rider.

My father has a 2011 apex se, he just put in ulmers clutch kit this year. I had it out last Friday for the first time after installing ulmers kit and was riding with a 2016 xrs 800. The doo used to pull me till 70-80 then we would be dead even no gain either way but he would already be ahead. With ulmers kit I pulled him mid to top end. We never lined up from a dead start, and couldn't test top end. The kit definitely works better than I thought it would, now I have to get one for my 06. And I weigh 100 lbs more than the doo rider.
That works for me. Thank you.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

At $400 USD is this clutch kit worth it? Does it give you more? I had a kit on my 06 and I liked it. Stock clutch on 2011 seems good but I want more. Any feed back appreciated, thanks.
I have Ulmers setup work great for me. Haven't really raced anybody side by side but my rpms were off from factory and now they are spot on and back shift is so much better. Its only MONEY!!!!!

I have his kit in mine but I don't think I can provide what you are looking for mine is a little more than stock. I can tell you I have had no problems with the kit it works and Allen was great at helping with final tweaking when needed.

Last edited:
Murse: I ran this clutch kit on a 11 Apex 128" for two seasons. The corner to corner and rolling pull is improved for sure, top end, no real difference I found. Need to find the RPM sweet spot at 10,600-10,700 (this according to Allen Ulmer for 11+) with clutch weight tuning.
Allen is more than helpful in recommending tweeks based on your experience with it on the trail.
Send him your details when you order such as any other mods, weight, riding style, what you are looking to achieve with clutching.
Have fun and hang on.
Cheers.

Back