• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Upper wheel bracket torque

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2014 Yamaha SR Viper RTX
I am trying to identify the torque for the bracket that slides against the upper wheel on Rtx SE it slides on the shaft and against a plastic spacer then upper wheel. i don’t know what it is called. I had to take it off to replace the wheel. There are two bolts that hold that bracket against the wheel. Thank you

Last edited:

I am trying to identify the torque for the bracket that slides against the upper wheel on Rtx SE it slides on the shaft and against a plastic spacer then upper wheel. i don’t know what it is called. I had to take it off to replace the wheel. There are two bolts that hold that bracket against the wheel. Thank you
Can you post a picture!! Most of those bolts I just do tight and not torque then to a certain spec. But If I new what you were acutally taking about I could look in the service manual.

Or you can become a VIP and Ill send you a PDF.

Can you post a picture!! Most of those bolts I just do tight and not torque then to a certain spec. But If I new what you were acutally taking about I could look in the service manual.

Or you can become a VIP and Ill send you a PDF.

Here is a picture of it, the silver bracket in front of the the wheel it has to bolts through it to secure on to the shaft

Attachments

• IMG_1301.jpeg
    IMG_1301.jpeg
    155.9 KB · Views: 23
Should be 55 ft-lbs
But is he wanting the torque for the two bolts that pinch it or the one that goes through the tunnel?
I would think the two bolts that pinch it would be about 22lbs.

Last edited by a moderator:
But is he wanting the torque for the two bolts that pinch it or the one that goes through the tunnel?
I would think the two bolts that pinch it would be about 22lbs.
Oh I was thinking the main bolt. The other bolts have nylock nuts. Those are 20 ft-lbs

BTW that bracket is called a Torque Sensing Link (TSL) and was invented by Kirk Hibbard around 1995. The pull on the upper part of the track during hard acceleration against the wheel tends to limit the squat of the rear suspension aiding in weight transfer. All manufacturers copied this at some point. Even BRP has it on the R-Motion..

Back