• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

USI skis?

ray628

Extreme
Anyone put any usi skis on the nytro? If so, how did they work out? I liked them on my doo and wonder how they will work on the nytro.

I used the x2's on my RX1 and loved them, no need to try other brands they work that well. I now have them on my Attack and need snow to try them out. I can not speek for the Nytro.

I had USI's on most of my Polaris's, and my Yamaha Attak. They worked great. Good bite in the corners, good flotation in the fluff, very little darting.

Ok. So the first thing I did when I got my XTX was put the USI's on before I even tried the stock skis. Had a chance to ride the Nytro a 100 miles late last season after I picked it up.

Well the USI's were not happy with the Nytro. The steering was extremely heavy. Felt like steering a Mac truck w/o power steering. It was hard to react in the tite twisty's. At slow speeds below 30 MPH the sled hunted left to right bad. I loosened the front ski springs all the way. It helped the heavy steering but not much. I think the rider forward of the Nyto makes for heavy steering with agressive skis.

I have some tripple rate springs from Hygear I plan on putting on this year. I'll try the USI's again with those springs. See if it makes a difference.

For now I plan on running stock skis with a shim and Bergstrom carbides.

A buddy of mine has a set of Ski Doo 6.9 pilots I can try also.

They did steer hard on my doo as well but I kind of liked it. Maybe you need to make a little front end adjustment. Do you have shapers on the USI ski's? I know I had round bars on the USI and they worked great, shapers were too much.

ray628 said:
They did steer hard on my doo as well but I kind of liked it. Maybe you need to make a little front end adjustment. Do you have shapers on the USI ski's? I know I had round bars on the USI and they worked great, shapers were too much.

Yeah I had shapers on the skis. Good point. Maybe I'll try round bars.

USI PX 301's on my apex and it is a completely diffrent sled!
solved all the wasted time trying to make something out of the stockers.
OH, running 6" shaper bars works great. I've seen these skis fix alot of other sleds that did not handle. Rich K.

I used the x2's on my Attack and loved them, I tried them on my Nytro XTX and I hated them, very hard steering and twitchy but you would never miss a turn do to lack of grip.

flyinbrian said:
I used the x2's on my Attack and loved them, I tried them on my Nytro XTX and I hated them, very hard steering and twitchy but you would never miss a turn do to lack of grip.

flyinbrian,
What skis and carbides are you runnung now?

My friend has a 09 nitro and complained about the jittery handling of the sled. I loaned him a set of Arrow skis for the weekend. He was amazed and ordered them. They were missing a handle and they talked him into buying slp powder pros because they sell more of them so they must be better. He rode on them for the weekend and ordered the Arrows in pieces from two different venders. He loves his sled now, he can ride it with 1 hand instead of white Knucling it.

Best thing about a ski that works is that it doesn't matter what your tranfer or front springs are set at, it still goes straight down the trail and rails around the corner.

Hey Kitchen, if your up in the county, look me up, I love to put faces to the names and tell all my old stories again for the first time.

I use the USI, Triple threat X2's on my Nytro XTX with 6 inch shapers and works great in the corners as well as deep powder with the medium fins. Love them.

Back