• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Vacuum problem??

johnelway

Expert
Hi guys,
I need your help with my nytro xtx 2010. It have some problem to run at idle.
It stays at 1000-1050 rpm before getting up slowly to 1300.
When i hit throttle, it rev ok but after that it get down to 1000. It can also just stop.
Then i need to give some throttle to start again.

It is possible that the problem come from vacuum line leak? What is the best way to test it at home? Removing the fuel tank ? or air filter?
Any home made way to test for leak?

I have not looked at the vacuum lines before. But my first guess would be to check the lines around the throttle bodies for cracks or breaks.

this is what i want to do.
I want to know what is the best way to check them, Are they behind the throttle bodies or in front? Under gaz tank or under air filter?

My sled is apart in my garage I would say take the seat and gas tank off. Then take a look at these hoses.
20150911_130724.jpg

20150911_130715.jpg

it does this since i have it. 9000km ago!
It's not gaz related.
for the injectors, what i need to check? the sled runs good otherwise this little thing..

Did you buy it new or preowned? As for injectors you could remove them and have them taken somewhere that tests injectors

Try spraying carburetor cleaner around the throttle bodies with the sled running and if there is a leak your rpm's will increase.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

So I would say that would rule out vacuum issues. Since if you sprayed it around those hoses/throttle bodies it would have surged. I would say injector/ fuel delivery issue.

I would try letting the sled idle and unplugging one injector at a time and see if that changes the way it idles. If not start looking at fuel system. Pump, filters plugged line.

I would try letting the sled idle and unplugging one injector at a time and see if that changes the way it idles. If not start looking at fuel system. Pump, filters plugged line.

Do you have a picture or a diagram of the injector connection? just to know what to unplug!

thanks

Back