• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Valve Lash specs and Shim Question

Big_Phil

TY 4 Stroke Master
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
Sidewinder RTX LE
Hey so I bought a Nytro that needed a head gasket

Pretty familiar with working on 2 strokes, rebuilding and all that. First time toying with a 4 stroke motor.

I have the service manual.

I didnt know I had to keep track of the shims underneath the caps for the valve springs. I have lost 2 of them. I cant find the specs for valve lash in the service manual.

Does anyone have the specs? Or know where I would find them

And i guess my only options are to buy extra shims close in size to the ones i have, and install everything, and keep check the clearances and adjust from there.

Thanks for the help

here you go

Pete

Attachments

• vlvclearance.JPG
    vlvclearance.JPG
    24.1 KB · Views: 765
The info is right in the front of the book under inspection and ajustment, page 2-9 in my 08 manuel. When I did the head on mine I used an egg carton to keep all that stuff in order.

Ohyea I found it in the manual now, thanks

Does the head have to be installed on the engine to check this? Or can I do it with the head off? seems like it would be easier with the head off

And I know for next time to keep it all organized. Couldnt find a writeup or video anywhere on doing the nytro head gasket, so pretty much just winged it. Live and learn right

Back