• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Vector LTX GT Suspension

YDR

I have a 2010 Vector LTX GT - 800 miles on it and I plan on riding around 4K on it this year. I'd like some feedback on what I can do to maximize the handling. I have 2 ski choices - Tuners that currently have 4" carbides inside and out and DS2's with Aggressive Snowtrackers.

I'm an aggressive rider and like to keep up with the Ski Doo's.

I rode about 300 miles earlier this week with Tuner Ski's and the 4" carbides. I did not adjust the suspension. I thought steering was light enough but there was to much inside ski lift and the sled felt tippier than I'd like. What adjustments can I make to improve the overall handling? It was decent on the larger trails but was tough on the secondary trails.

I have not tried the DS2's/Snowtracker combo yet.

Any feedback and experience is appreciated.

YDR said:
I have a 2010 Vector LTX GT - 800 miles on it and I plan on riding around 4K on it this year. I'd like some feedback on what I can do to maximize the handling. I have 2 ski choices - Tuners that currently have 4" carbides inside and out and DS2's with Aggressive Snowtrackers.

I'm an aggressive rider and like to keep up with the Ski Doo's.

I rode about 300 miles earlier this week with Tuner Ski's and the 4" carbides. I did not adjust the suspension. I thought steering was light enough but there was to much inside ski lift and the sled felt tippier than I'd like. What adjustments can I make to improve the overall handling? It was decent on the larger trails but was tough on the secondary trails.

I have not tried the DS2's/Snowtracker combo yet.

Any feedback and experience is appreciated.

Have you gone back a bunch of pgs YDR?

I found this one on pg 6, but I know there are a ton of other ones as well.
http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php?t=119241

Snow trackers are best but dual runner skies are also good. Either one should work good.

If your spring pre-load is set where you like it, the control rod needs adjusting to keep the front end down and make it less tippy.

Get a 13mm sway bar it will make a big difference in minimizing ski lift and help with flatter cornering. First thing I have always done on my vector and apexs

RtxViper said:
Get a 13mm sway bar it will make a big difference in minimizing ski lift and help with flatter cornering. First thing I have always done on my vector and apexs

I have one - need to install it when I get home. I hope it makes a noticeable difference.

Back