• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Venture Lite tunnel icing

I have been wondering how a thin stainless steel wrapper over the header wrap would work out for protecting the header wrap. I have not worked up the motivation to wrap my exhaust yet, and if I do I think I will try that.

Just reflecting off the top of my head on how it might be accomplished. First, spray with high temp ceramic paint, then wrap with header wrap, then try to seal the header wrap with more high temp ceramic paint, then wrap with oh too thin stainless steel ribbon which is gonna be sharp.

I'm not going to do it and karl's got his own plan with a lot more thought and research invested I bet.

ya know fellas, I am not sure if I will ever get to the exhaust wrapping ideas. At least not this season. If I pull the skid out next season I may take a shot at wrapping the pipe from the engine back. I would like to spend as much time riding it as I have working on it this year. We are starting to get a bit of snow cover now so will try to spend the day tomorrow riding.

Bugbear said:
No issues but had only one 20 mile ride since the initial post. 100 mile ride comming up this weekend.

Okay, please let us know then - I am curious as I am currently working on a plate to enclose the area as well. Sounds like your winter has not been great for riding either.

BombaPolaYama said:
Okay, please let us know then - I am curious as I am currently working on a plate to enclose the area as well. Sounds like your winter has not been great for riding either.
+1
Continued ?

Pratas said:
BombaPolaYama said:
+1
Continued ?

Sorry, not sure what you are asking. I notice you have a Nytro, there has been a lot written in the Nytro section on tunnel icing. Similar problem to what we have with the VL and MP. What are your issues with the tunnel icing? I guess you have lots of cold temperatures and icing problemswhere you live. I did a lot of work on mine last year and wrapped and enclosed the muffler but our temps were not really cold enough to really give a full assessment of the results.

All the best and welcome - nice to hear from fellow riders from far away places.

I have an 07' Venture lite. I got tired of breaking ice out of the tunnel and the added weight from the slush accumulation during a run.
I cut the oem muffler off, and replaced it with an automotive grade muffler but moving it to the rear of the tunnel with the discharge out the back above the bumper. I assumed the heat would be a problem on the cargo deck so I wrapped the muffler a high heat header wrap. I just put 400km on it and never had to break ice once. I believe I've solved my problem. If anyone wants pics, just email me

Back