• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Venture Lite tunnel icing

corchaz said:
Most of the Icing went away. There is still a small amount but it doesn't accumulate on the upper wheels anymore like before. When I stopped after a drive before, I used to have to break off about 30 Lbs of Ice before I took off again. Now I just drive.

Thanks
Corchaz
Yeah I remember those ice boogers!! I had a ride last night in about -15 C temps and not one bit of ice in the tunnel, previously it would be built up and rubbing the track and causing noise, etc. I'd say if you put a shield between your exhaust and track you would eliminate even more icing and provide more protection for your exhaust. The downside is that you would then get heat build-up on the rear deck.

does 2012-13 still have ice-ing prob

im thinking about buying a 2012-13 venture lite...do they still have the same tunnel iceing prob??

I haven't seen any of the newer ones yet but the design hasn't really changed since its introduction in 2007. They can be reduced by using the tips here.

Yeah, I know. It's a new machine and you shouldn't have to modify it. But no machine is perfect out of the box no matter the brand.

BTW, welcome to the forum. Lots of info and friendly people ready to help out here.

thanks...the dealer told me he has not heard too much about it since the snow for the last two years has not been good..he mention some type of sheild..not sure if i believe him

mikej said:
thanks...the dealer told me he has not heard too much about it since the snow for the last two years has not been good..he mention some type of sheild..not sure if i believe him
If you are not riding in cold conditions it may not be such an issue as some have found it to be (maybe that is why the dealer hasn't heard much about it). I would suggest trying it out first before making any changes. Not sure about the shield mentioned other than owner modifications. There was a block off plate for the earlier Phazers but that wouldn't apply to the VL. Younmight want to consider the MP as well with the wider skis and track.

Yes, definitely look into the MP ;)! . Much more machine for the money. Check the faq sticky with the differences between the two. the only thing missing is the mirrors now. I'll bet you could negotiate those with the dealer as they are not cheap.

Back