• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Viking 2013

frankjohansen

Have you checked out the changes to the viking that will come, new suspension and a new track with higher lugs, and wider skies. I like it but its not perfeckt, Powersteering, should have been adjustable steering height and the Venture motor with injection imo...
But is a good start isnt it?????
:yam:

Interesting post, thou I think power steering will become the norm, and the only those who race will eliminate it from there machines. People will find that it's helpfull when turning at low speed or loading; just as no one buys a car without power steering. ;)!

I think the 2013 Viking is dissapointing. They should atleast have widened the front end,put exhaust outlet out of the tunnel and put in a Nytro engine with the other 2013 modifications.

In my dreams a Nytro viking with weight max 300kg and alu chassi + 1,5" lug track and power steering.
... :jump:

josen said:
I think the 2013 Viking is dissapointing. They should atleast have widened the front end,put exhaust outlet out of the tunnel and put in a Nytro engine with the other 2013 modifications.

In my dreams a Nytro viking with weight max 300kg and alu chassi + 1,5" lug track and power steering.
... :jump:[/quote

after owning 2 vk pros, I said I would never buy another> but that might make me have another look

I use my '12 VK pro strickly for ice fishing and some flat trail use, extremely happy with it. The only thing its missing is EFI IMO. The new skis and rear skid are good changes though. Kind of wonder why they haven't put power steering in it. Not a big deal to me, but the VK would seem to make a stronger case than any of the other models.

Did they do anything to improve the cooling. I have the second radiator setup. I have switches to force the fans of both radiators to run and there are still days when it still struggles.

air19 said:
Did they do anything to improve the cooling. I have the second radiator setup. I have switches to force the fans of both radiators to run and there are still days when it still struggles.
If you never changed the coolant theres a 100% chance the system contains pure glycol.Drain it and install a 50/50 mix(with no silicates).I have prestone in my warrior(runs much cooler).

air19 said:

I'm sure its the same cooling system, but for ice fishing (much smaller load than what your pulling), its more than sufficient.

Talked to my Yamaha dealer today about the "new " Rs viking.
Yamaha have made a widening kit for the european market.
Supposed to be mounted standard in europe. The price on the kit
about 300usd here in Norway. This should make it easy
to widen out the Rs viking. :jump:

Just put a deposit down for our sled dog club on a new 2012 VK. We ordered it with an additional radiator kit, tall windshield, rear work light, rear cargo box. Very excited to give this new toy a try in the fall. The club decided to get the VK over the SWT 600 (We also have a SWT 800). We use both machines for grooming trails here in AK. Yammie has an early incentive plan where we got an additional 3 yrs on the warranty for ordering before 4/15. Very excited about the new beast.

Hey Greg,
I put the additional radiator on my 2012.
Works well in warmer weather. Never saw a single overheat in 2 seasons.
I groom ski and skijoring trails.
Wayne

Anyone have any information on the second radiator kit
Yamaha sent us the kit with no instructions or diagrams whatsoever!
Any help much appreciated
Merry Christmas!

Back