• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Viper Footwell Reinstall

Bruss

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2015 SRViper LTX LE
Has anyone run into difficulty reinstalling the right side footwell? I removed it to do an oil change and I cannot orient it correctly to reinstall. I removed it so it has to work. I watched several videos and it looks like my part is backwards, but maybe that is due to the videos? Two bolts through the support and two up from the floor, yet I cannot figure it out. Any insight is appreciated and yes I realize how dumb this is. I am holding the part in my left hand and the finished face is facing camera. Thanks

Attachments

• E9C3D8BF-A6F1-40B6-8FC5-C5D577EFE855.jpeg
    E9C3D8BF-A6F1-40B6-8FC5-C5D577EFE855.jpeg
    44.6 KB · Views: 77

looks like you have it in the correct orientation to put it back in the RH footwell. The surface the two bolts are in go behind the bar that the foot well engages. I find that when I put mine back in i can engage only a few threads on each bolt so that I can flex the part around to get the bolts to line up with the part. I then tighten them all down in a pattern like you would if you were torqueing a cylinder head down. You can go to Babbitts Online and look up your sled in their parts finder. The schematic for body parts will give you a good idea of its orientation and placement if that helps.

Pain in my a$$ every year...mine are pretty beat up though. I install top first then move bottom until I line up holes.

I replied a second time but I see it did not go through. I blew the picture up you have so I could see it better. You have the bolts shown going in from the wrong side. The face of the part shown in the picture faces forward toward the skis. the back side of the part in the picture is the surface your boots would bump up against.

Back