• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Viper LTX SE first impressions/review. Update 12-5

Thanks for that reinforcing shot Yamadog my excitement was waning as I read the posts about the kitty brake issues.

I live on the tight twisties and the brake, kinda like I do on my dirt bike clutch. should be 1 finger, short pull and NOT fade from heat or warped out of aligned rotor; BAD.

Awaiting my XTX.

TR

TJ-R said:
Thanks for that reinforcing shot Yamadog my excitement was waning as I read the posts about the kitty brake issues.

I live on the tight twisties and the brake, kinda like I do on my dirt bike clutch. should be 1 finger, short pull and NOT fade from heat or warped out of aligned rotor; BAD.

Awaiting my XTX.

TR

Yes I rode them hard and was left a little wanting on the power and steering feedback but overall the sleds are stable and predictable. The clutching and motors supposedly have been resolved and the suspensions were thier settings. But no matter how hard I pushed the sleds I could not get inside ski lift. There was not enough power to throw them into a corner and drive through with track spin - thats why I am going turbo.

But the ergonomics were great and riding standing was as comfortable as sitting which is why for 3 yrs I was on Polaris Rush pro r's. I think the platform is interesting and its shortcomings were no where near as deep as the rx and apex I have been re-engineering over the bast 11 yrs.

what to do?

Not sure where to put this but here it goes. This da_ website is awesome but its sending me mixed messages. I am anxious like the rest of you and want to order parts and I haven't even got to ride it yet. I want new skis to turn better and darting. I want studs so I can get power to the ground. Now I need a 4 wheel kit to work with studs. I like the sound so for now no can. Front bumper, skid plate, maybe knee pads. I think Yamaha had this all planned out to suck us in. What are the necessities for my ltx se. Where do I draw the line. OMG!!! :o|

I go by what I need to what I want and can afford . For me studs are a must probably 3-2-3-2 pattern next is carbides or skis I have my tuners left from my apex or maybe snow trackers and from what I hear a visor plug :( (apex had one stock ) then I ride. And bit by bit the rest comes 4th wheel kit seat pack knee pads skid plates front bumper .i use the site for a the info I need on product maintenance the good the bad it's all here !!

Re: what to do?

bleedyamaha said:
Not sure where to put this but here it goes. This da_ website is awesome but its sending me mixed messages. I am anxious like the rest of you and want to order parts and I haven't even got to ride it yet. I want new skis to turn better and darting. I want studs so I can get power to the ground. Now I need a 4 wheel kit to work with studs. I like the sound so for now no can. Front bumper, skid plate, maybe knee pads. I think Yamaha had this all planned out to suck us in. What are the necessities for my ltx se. Where do I draw the line. OMG!!! :o|

This made me laugh... Welcome to the sickness!

Know the feeling. Ordered a 4th wheel kit, sport front bumper, white belly pan for blue SE, all from Arctic Cat. "Luggage" needed from Yamaha, then need to buy carbides or try skis from my Apex. Part of the fun and money needed to outfit a new sled.

new rob said:
I go by what I need to what I want and can afford . For me studs are a must probably 3-2-3-2 pattern next is carbides or skis I have my tuners left from my apex or maybe snow trackers and from what I hear a visor plug :( (apex had one stock ) then I ride. And bit by bit the rest comes 4th wheel kit seat pack knee pads skid plates front bumper .i use the site for a the info I need on product maintenance the good the bad it's all here !!

I rode the heck out of these sleds - they are not Yamaha they are Cat - there is no darting issues but you (depending on riding styles) will want to put longer carbides for more bite. You don't need the bumper or other gear.

Test ride the sled before you spend a lot of dough on it. Some of us just can't let a good thing go we have to make it our own. The skis I am putting on (simmions) I already own 3 prs gen I and genII. The shocks (Fox Evol) may be over kill (just Me).

I liked the turn in with the 2 wheel set up a 3rd & 4th wheel kit will change the dynamics. I really felt a lot of bite with the tracks on all 3 lengths and coming off 144 in my 2012 Pro R with a rip saw did not put any in the 1.375" cobra on the 2013 Pro R and this felt as comfortable as the 2013.

Leave it stock and you maybe the only one out there with a factory based ride :jump:

stock

Thanks for the advice. I want a different bumper to protect underneath. Its going to kill me to leave it alone but I should give it a chance to like it before adding skis and studs. ;)!

yamaha

I found it on Yamahas web site. Have to buy it through the dealer

Attachments

• 2013-11-11_22-20-00.jpg
    2013-11-11_22-20-00.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 141
what color

I am leaning towards blue. Blue rear belly pan protector and eventually white skis with blue loops

Back