• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Viper track studding

I felt like i had to many studs in my apex 162 so I'm starting with 96 double backer pattern and add 48 more need be...

studroe

Studroe I see you went every other outside row with studs. I was planning on 144 down the middle. Wouldnt the tri hub handle those studs ok? Also should I stretch my track before drilling holes in it?
Can you take a pic of the 144 up the middle sometime. I've never been a fan of studding outside windows b

Just finished drilling my track for studs. I've always liked the V pattern and every other outside lug in an alternating pattern. 48 lugs on the 137" track. I do 3 holes per row and then on every 4th row I put 1 stud right in the center of the track if that makes sense. I use 1 stud in the center and then on the next lug put 2 studs slightly apart until it forms the V. That lug that has the stud right in the center is the same lug that has the two studs at the widest point(not the outside lugs, still on the inside bar). Not sure if anyone else has ever used this or plans on using it but it has worked great for me in the past. It makes for a complete footprint on the ground with all the studs. Total number of studs used is 156. Will be using 1.5" studboy power points with tower nuts and square backers. Will post pics tomorrow night when it's complete
So there is only 48 lugs on the 137?

I've always just put two per lug on my apex. Would you recommend three per on the viper ?

Has anyone ever used pre studded track on there turbo viper ?

I'm really in a toss up , stud the rip saw or sell it new and buy the ice attack.

Any input?

Has anyone ever used pre studded track on there turbo viper ?

I'm really in a toss up , stud the rip saw or sell it new and buy the ice attack.

Any input?

It really depends on what you want it for. I don't have an Ice Attack on my Viper, but I have one on my older sled an SXR 700. If all you want is extra security for icy corners or so you don't spin out on lakes and icy roads they are ideal. This is all I wanted and it works really well for that extra grip and security for the average trail rider.

The Ice Attack will not give you the same feel as a conventionally studded track for drag racing and hooking up a lot of power to the ground. So, if that's what you want I would recommend studding your track with regular studs.

It really depends on what you want it for. I don't have an Ice Attack on my Viper, but I have one on my older sled an SXR 700. If all you want is extra security for icy corners or so you don't spin out on lakes and icy roads they are ideal. This is all I wanted and it works really well for that extra grip and security for the average trail rider.

The Ice Attack will not give you the same feel as a conventionally studded track for drag racing and hooking up a lot of power to the ground. So, if that's what you want I would recommend studding your track with regular studs.
I agree after putting pre studded on my Apex......well said!

Alright. That makes good sense ! I'm studin her up!! I always liked studs on the apex

Here is my track all studded. 156 studboys 1.5". Just started testing on the clutching will hopefully have some good results by the end of the day. The clutching on the stock sled is almost spot on anyways so stock they run good. Raced the xf7000 again after they changed a spring and helix and viper in stock form is still faster. 7000 was over revving a bit yet on top end but the viper was running about 200 rpm to high on top end as well. Will post more results later today.

Do you have any issues studin the outside windows?

Just finished studing the ltx. Can't wait to test it out.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    33.8 KB · Views: 303
i studded 2 per lug in the original track put 1800 miles on it pre-turbo, none pulled out. turboed and pulled out 8 in 900 miles, this summer i put on the 1.6 ice cobra. pre studded for the icy corners and not worry about throwing a stud through the heat exchanger. and the extra .3 of lug will help in the deep snow. my old track is for sale to if anyone interested. not studded in the outside and every stud that pulled out, pulled out a square no rips. cheap. any way the recommendation is if studding a turboed sled better load it up or none at all.

i studded 2 per lug in the original track put 1800 miles on it pre-turbo, none pulled out. turboed and pulled out 8 in 900 miles, this summer i put on the 1.6 ice cobra. pre studded for the icy corners and not worry about throwing a stud through the heat exchanger. and the extra .3 of lug will help in the deep snow. my old track is for sale to if anyone interested. not studded in the outside and every stud that pulled out, pulled out a square no rips. cheap. any way the recommendation is if studding a turboed sled better load it up or none at all.
I have three per as you can see in the pic. Hopefully my trail turbo won't pull any out.
ill need to drive "responsible". Hahaha

Last edited:
How do you guys stud the quiet track, you put studs beside the bumps??? the middle of the track.???can you put studs on top of the bumps??

Back