• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Viper track studding

Just be sure to tighten the studs to proper torque. Woody's calls for 30 ft/lbs for their single ply track studs.

Yes. You may need a little more to sink them into the silent pads. Whatever it takes to get them below the surface or your wheels will be shot.
have you seen a way to stud the track without putting them on the silent track?

Has anybody used the studboy super lite pro series backers on these silent tracks? I installed one , to make sure it would draw up tight on the hump and it stripped the backer. Studboy recommends soaking them in warm soapy water before installation. Maybe I had the water to warm that they were soaking in and softened the plastic too much..

Never heard of that! I used woodys studs and backers and they pulled way up in the track

Has anybody used the studboy super lite pro series backers on these silent tracks? I installed one , to make sure it would draw up tight on the hump and it stripped the backer. Studboy recommends soaking them in warm soapy water before installation. Maybe I had the water to warm that they were soaking in and softened the plastic too much..

I am lost here how does the backer strip? you still have to use the locking nuts, are you saying the nut stripped due to the backer plate? The backer plate goes on the outside of the track the base of the stud is on the inside and is what gets drawn into the back of the track?

The backer has the threads molded in the backer on those plastic ones Yamadog. One piece. No nuts.

Sorry missed the "pro" part, the regular super lites are what I used to use. Forgot about those because I would never trust a plastic threaded anything.

Hopefully they are better now. Many years ago when plastic first came out I saw sled after sled come in with all of them cracked the first real cold day. Not sure what brand that was but it was a big issue.

Hopefully they are better now. Many years ago when plastic first came out I saw sled after sled come in with all of them cracked the first real cold day. Not sure what brand that was but it was a big issue.
I had 144 on my Nytro with the studboy plastic backers, never had an issue with any of them. We rode in Cochrane Ontario at -35 , no issues,

The original concern is due to the hump from the silent track. Not all tracks have this obviously.

I can say it took a lot of torque to draw the studs in.

Back