• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Viper upgrades from Sidewinder

4StrokeAddict

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2015 SR Viper LTX SE
Hey guys, hope you are all well! It's been a busy spring and haven't had much chance to check out the conversations here.

I found out the other day that the Sidewinder has an updated oil system with rollover valve. I called the factory to ask if it was compatible with the Viper to fix the oil dump problem that I had the misfortune to experience at the end of this past winter. They said it wasn't, but I'm wondering if that was just an easy answer or if it was actually looked into. Has anyone here had a chance to look at the sidewinder closely yet that could provide input?

Are there any other topics that I may have missed regarding sidewinder upgrades for our vipers?

I was going to do a bunch more to my viper this summer, but now that that the sidewinder is out I kind of feel like whats the point. It seems like all the cool stuff I wanted is on the sidewinder from the factory. And I'm sure they learned a lot from the 3 years of Viper production and some of the issues we had. So now I'm thinking of just riding my Viper the way it is and saving my mod money towards a new Sidewinder in a few years. Maybe I just have the summer doldrums.

Of course if I saw a turbo kit for real cheap....who knows.

If I can't get these oil problems figured out this year. Well sad to say I won't be coming back to a Yamaha.... Or I will have no hair left.

If I can't get these oil problems figured out this year. Well sad to say I won't be coming back to a Yamaha.... Or I will have no hair left.
The Sidewinder oil tank has got to be the solution if you don't want a Rollover valve. I would wait and see the reports from the Mountain guys and if it works put it in your sled.

The Sidewinder oil tank has got to be the solution if you don't want a Rollover valve. I would wait and see the reports from the Mountain guys and if it works put it in your sled.
Yeah I have the roll over valve so that part works great. Its the oil light coming on during climbs and after a roll. I know I can just trick the sensor, and a lot of guys have done that. But I would like an actual fix. Yeah I will take a look at a sidewinder and compare oil set ups.

It would be cool if the sidewinder headlight fit on the viper.

Back