• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Viper vs Apex

Murse

Lifetime Member
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2011 Yamaha Apex Std Red
2011-2013 Apex vs Viper thoughts? Comments? Test Pilots? Looking for all feed back here.

Are you're looking to compare corner to corner trail performance, big bump performance, top speed??? all of the above?

Without question, the Apex will dominate the top speed race.

Rode the Cat 7000 sno pro and LXR and this sled reminded more of the Vector than the Nytro....only slower.
Not sure of the demo set up but there was no weight transfer at all.
IMO the engine tone is absolutely ruined in the new chassis/muffler set-up and that tractorlike tone is everpresent while riding.

not even close....IMO....how can it?

Anyone who has been on the yammie 4 strokes, especially the 3 cylinders knows that the engine noise virtually dissappears at cruising speed and above.

To me it is like the Doo or tractor cat NA 1100

Not sure!!!!!!! The viper was real close to the same tone if not the same....that's just MO....but I also went to the demo ride with a open mind

I rode the cat 7000 and really liked the sound. That's riding my Nytro back to back. Guess its a matter of opinion.

Dan

Back