• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Walbro gss342

Red elbow fir return was 2017 only. Then came black elbow (or drill out red bigger). Tank has a vent and return. Vent can and does allow a certain amount of pressure in fuel tank before it opens. That's why you can hear pressure escape if you loosen tank csp after sled sits once ridden. That's normal.
When tank is fuller, there may or may not be pressure (caused by vaporization of gas) depending on ambient temps, exhaust temps. With vent, it doesn't matter. Vent will discharge excess pressure so don't worry about that.
The whole intent on returning gas to "slipper" where fuel pump draws from is to reduce chances of aeration, by keeping slipper full which then keeps fuel pump intake submerged, preventing fuel pump from sucking in air. The slipper is oriented so opening faces rearward. When accelerating with lower fuel levels fuel sloshes to rear of tank into slipper thereby reducing/eliminating aeration to fuel rail where injectors are.
Conclusion: ensure slipper is always full, even when tank level is low. With return to slipper, the last place to run out of gas in low fuel situations is slipper. Without return to slipper, it's possible that fuel delivery to rail might be aerated (not good) with low fuel levels in tank caused by gas sloshing from one end if tank to the other and uncovering pickups

I can’t see fuel sloshing into slipper unless tank has lots of fuel. The whole idea of returning fuel to the slipper is to help keep it full so the Venturi effect from the pickups in the tank can keep up.

Without returning to slipper under very hard acceleration for a period of time especially on big hp you need almost half a tank of fuel to keep it from dying.

Last edited:
GSS342 upgrade & return line complete. That went extremely well
IMG_20231206_181935978_copy_1536x2048.jpg

Last edited:
I would still run that boost kinetics relay. It's less than a few tanks of gas and we aren't going to be riding till late January.

I would still run that boost kinetics relay. It's less than a few tanks of gas and we aren't going to be riding till late January.
right on....It will be here Monday. Ty.

Looks good
Honestly it went flawless. I did ruin that flexible fuel line that comes out of the pump. And had to replace it. And obviously I didn't have it sitting there... So took two extra days.

All this talk about not buying online at Amazon so you don't get a cheap knock off pump, myself included and wouldn't you know.....I purchased my pump direct from WalBro and installed it. Pump clicked on with key so I thought I was good to go and went on to other tasks. Circled back to check what the pressure was showing today and it was Zero key on! Pulled the feed off the rail, had nothing. Finally just put the stock pump back in and good to go. Junk pump straight from the manufacturer!

Last edited:
Oh, boy...what are you saying? Are the pumps used by TD, hurricane, etc. possibly a better grade of pump then others. Like seconds! Idk....

All this talk about not buying online at Amazon so you don't get a cheap knock off pump, myself included and wouldn't you know.....I purchased my pump direct from WhalBro and installed it. Pump clicked on with key so I thought I was good to go and went on to other tasks. Circled back to check what the pressure was showing today and it was Zero key on! Pulled the feed off the rail, had nothing. Finally just put the stock pump back in and good to go. Junk pump straight from the manufacturer!
I had a genuine walbro pump before that must of been wired backwards on the pump side as delivered because I had to cross the wires to get it to work correctly. It will run either way, just backwards. You can test it on bench to see if that was your issue.

U have your neg and pos leads backwards by chance ?
I had a genuine walbro pump before that must of been wired backwards on the pump side as delivered because I had to cross the wires to get it to work correctly. It will run either way, just backwards. You can test it on bench to see if that was your issue.
I had the spade connectors on the same as the stock pump. I'll have to bench test it today. I should have done it before it went in, but with limited time to work on this this I'm like a "Whirling Dervish" in the shop.

Last edited:

Back