• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Want HOT hands?..It can be done!!! EDITED FIRST POST

gade-thrasher said:
Is there a way to re-wire the '07 bars to get similar results? I already upgraded to the '07 bars, and sold my '06 ones.

NO...as i said i tried every possible way....someone on this site says it can be done but I couldnt do it...i tried to rewire it all morning..so for a joke i connected old bars..and voila!

dan

SharkAttak said:
so why doesn't it work with the updated handwarmers?

Ill tell you why....cause HOTGRIPS always will get hotter then a heat element....

the 07 bars use a tape on heat element like other manufacturers...and these need to heat entire BAR PIPE....and GRIP...while a HOTGRIP only heats grip moreso,and your hand is on grip..so its hotter..this is why yammies have always had hottest grips out.

the harness simply puts more voltage to the heaters....many conclusions last season were about the hook whicking heat away...so they claim to have went to a full element down the entire hook for 07...

all i know is this works...and they are hot finally...just turn them down if you feel you will melt something...but come on guys,how hot were those old srxs?..and phazers?...remember?..they would burn your hands off!...and never melted anything!...

this is it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!....YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS :jump: :-o :Rockon: ;)! :rocks:

http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php?t=34386

This thread talks about the concern for the extra load being placed on the charging system, is that still not a concern?

Also, for people like me who have not received their updated bars, how do I switch the wiring without the updated bar harness???

Thanks... ;)!

machzed said:
i swear Im gonna have the hottest grips around if it kills me!..
Dan

ROTFLMFAO. :rofl: I LOVE IT!!! Your My kinda People Dan. When I make up My mind to do something I put the horse blinders on and Git-R-Done also. Please let us know what you find out and tell me more about switching to the 07 harness you describe. Thanks, Chris aka Superman.

Great job Machzed, thanks for the R&D. Is it a pain to swap the harness? I haven't got my 07' bars yet to see how they can be wired? On a side note, what did you do to "slam" your front and rear suspension in your avatar?

machzed said:
SharkAttak said:
so why doesn't it work with the updated handwarmers?

Ill tell you why....cause HOTGRIPS always will get hotter then a heat element....

the 07 bars use a tape on heat element like other manufacturers...and these need to heat entire BAR PIPE....and GRIP...while a HOTGRIP only heats grip moreso,and your hand is on grip..so its hotter..this is why yammies have always had hottest grips out.

the harness simply puts more voltage to the heaters....many conclusions last season were about the hook whicking heat away...so they claim to have went to a full element down the entire hook for 07...

all i know is this works...and they are hot finally...just turn them down if you feel you will melt something...but come on guys,how hot were those old srxs?..and phazers?...remember?..they would burn your hands off!...and never melted anything!...

this is it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!....YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS :jump: :-o :Rockon: ;)! :rocks:

so first of all does it heat the hook's too? second how is it wired thee same way as the updated bars except put the wiring harness on the 06' bars?

LOL...yah Im bullheaded for sure...anyone who knows me knows I dont like to listen to anyone..and will try anything to make something work the way it is supposed to..LOL...Im not sure if Ill melt something or whatever,but Im sick of frostbite to fingers for second season and these last few days have been coldest ive seen in awhile.

Id rather try something then just surrender to cold hands..

I cannot see hurting anything...those grips have gotten hot for yrs on other sleds,so why would these get hurt?...

If i melt something then i still got my 07 bars...

NO the hooks dont magically heat up,they still do not have any hot grip on the hook itself,however the grips get so hot it wont matter,and your hands are not on hooks 99% of time...they are on grip..and the old grips get HOT right from levers inward.....UNLIKE the 07 grips which are COLD from lever to rivet...which gives you a frigid index finger no matter what.

I still cannot beleive yammie had a whole season to make a fix....the harness obviously makes the old bars a series design and puts more power to them....

I challenge you all to test it for yourself first...just hold your old bars there.and plug them in before you make any changes...and see for yourself how hot the 06 bars get plugged into 07 harness.

Mine are getting foamed now for extra warmth,and are going on first thing tomorrow before i ride all day...tomorrow night the proof will be in pudding..

Dan

My dealer can't get me new bars. How is the harness different? Can I buy just the harness or make one? What's the difference, how are the new bars wired versus the old? Some more information would be appreciated. THANKS

GRIPS GRIPES HOTZEE'S

GOOD JOB MACHZED MAYBE YAMAHA NEEDS TO HIRE GUY'S LIKE
YOU. THAT AREN'T AFRAID TO TRY SOMETHING. :die :jump:

Re: Want HOT hands?...Experiment proved it can be done!

mnf7sp wrote:
"So plug them into the WIRE, SUB-LEAD #8FP-82318-10 towards the grip warmer. (this is part # from the update directions) I love the 06 bar diameter and hooks so I am hopping this works![/quote]

Dan:
Is the part number listed above the 07 harness that you are talking about matching up with the 06 bars? I have only the 06 bars and would like to buy just the 07 harness in hopes of receiving hotter grips. I tried to plug that part# into the yamaha fiche system and it found no such part.

Hey Guys. Just got the 07 bars installed at dealer. Asked for old bars back. They would not give them to me. Anybody else in Canada get there old bars back?
Dan.

big guy said:
Hey Guys. Just got the 07 bars installed at dealer. Asked for old bars back. They would not give them to me. Anybody else in Canada get there old bars back?
Dan.

THEY ARE YOURS..GO GET THEM BACK. Re-read your letter from Yammy.
You bought the NEW ones and got free instal if you wanted. The old ones are yours.

Back