• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Warning, -16 late build Viper turbo breakdowns, bad rods.

thanks. it just happened yesterday afternoon still sinking in. only good news is there are no trails open and the snow we do have will melt by sat.. im sure tho now im out a sled it will snow next week.
Where are you in Western NY? Spent some time last year riding near Chataqua Lake,NY and PA last year. Hoping to go back if they get snow like that again. I have a bunch of friends in that area.

Where are you in Western NY? Spent some time last year riding near Chataqua Lake,NY and PA last year. Hoping to go back if they get snow like that again. I have a bunch of friends in that area.
30 miles south of Buffalo New York.. about five miles away from Lake Erie. When we have snow its pretty nice riding around here

Yes beautiful area I was probably on same trails. Seneca? NY was awesome. PA was rough as heck![/QUOTE
No I'm not Native American if that's what you're asking and yes some of the trails in PA to get a bit rough. I usually do not head down there that much. I was able to leave from Gowanda New York and go all the way to Lake Ontario last year 300 mile ride.. probably only hit about five miles of rough trail whole way

No the town of Seneca NY I remember going through. Yes its costly to ride NY but well worth it! Sleep good it will all be good.

My viper is the cylinder number 3 and its were the oil pressure censor its all gone. I have the hurricane turbo 190hp

My viper is the cylinder number 3 and its were the oil pressure censor its all gone. I have the hurricane turbo 190hp
You should remove everything before going to the dealer!!!! Hurricane don't have any relation whit yamaha,they will not cover it i am pretty sure!!!
Ils vont te la mettre ou je pense....

You should remove everything before going to the dealer!!!! Hurricane don't have any relation whit yamaha,they will not cover it i am pretty sure!!!
Ils vont te la mettre ou je pense....

It doesn't matter, yamaha will be able to see that the motor was boosted when they read the ecu. The ecu stores the maximum pressure reading from the stock pressure sensor.

little update-kinda,
spoke to my dealer today, theres paperwork from yamaha implying that new engines will be installed in the late 16 sleds, not set in stone but its somthing at least

connor

Last edited:
image.jpeg
Here is a pic of my paid in full (20k) 2016 turbo sled sitting at the dealer. They will not even let me pick it up. It's just sitting outside waiting for Yamaha to make a decision. I told them about what I learned on this post back Dec 9th and they dismissed it. Now my dealer is telling me I ( this post ) was right and Yamaha will make good on the sled and even Implied money back since I've not taken possession yet. My only saving grace is that it would just be sitting in my shop anyway since there is no snow to go riding. Great year to buy my very first brand new, top of the line dream sled !! :die

Back