• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Warning light flashing

Roger

Expert
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2012 RS Venture GT (power steering doesn't work when real cold)
2006 Indy 500
Hi All

Where do I find what the warning light flash code means. My 2007 RS Venture has started flashing twice, with the engine symbol displayed. I have not had any luck with this sled since an oil change in Arnprior. Help!!

lite

A flashing lite means check problem asap. Oil level o.k. ? Senser for oil connected ? The lite should have a symble in it when flashing,compair the symble to your owners book. normt

Look at the trip meter as it flashes.... this should display a code.
Code list is available on this site; use the search function... it works.

Roger said:
Hi All

Where do I find what the warning light flash code means. My 2007 RS Venture has started flashing twice, with the engine symbol displayed. I have not had any luck with this sled since an oil change in Arnprior. Help!!

Maybe call your dealer?

I guess I'll have to bring it to the dealer. It won't even start anymore. This snowmobile has been the biggest P.O.C. I have ever owned. Ever since Arnprior Sportland changed the oil, it has been a P.O.C. It has to go.

This is why I change my own oil. You never know who they let work on your machine or if the mechanic made a mistake and forgot to add oil, started it, realized he made the mistake put oil in it and said it was good to go. Doesn't sound like the sled is the problem, sounds like its the dealership that did the work. Just a suggestion, I would hope that this wouldn't be the case but I'm sure that stuff like this happens on occasion. Sorry to hear about your troubles.

Roger said:
Hi All

Is it possible they overfilled the oil? that would cause all kinds of problems....Very important to check/add oil only when the motor is hot.

snopup said:
Roger said:
Hi All

Is it possible they overfilled the oil? that would cause all kinds of problems....Very important to check/add oil only when the motor is hot.

Oil seems o.k. There is about 3000miles since the oil change, but it never ran right since Arnprior Sportland changed the oil.

snopup said:
Roger said:
Hi All

I had already responded that I thought the oil was o.k., but I realized afterwards that it was a touch high. I have posted a new thread asking what could happen if there is to much oil in it. Not impressed with the dealer in Arnprior.

Roger said:
snopup said:
Roger said:
Hi All

I had already responded that I thought the oil was o.k., but I realized afterwards that it was a touch high. I have posted a new thread asking what could happen if there is to much oil in it. Not impressed with the dealer in Arnprior.

check the oil level with the dipstick not screwed in, and engine warm. Not enough oil or too much oil will get sucked in your airbox.

You can also go in the "Need a Fix" forum.

good luck

Thanks for the help everyone.

Back