• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

water temps with stage 1 mpi

vsmpowered

Expert
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Nytro xtx Viper ltx se
What is the temperature of running stage 1 and trail kit compare to na vipers thanx

I have no issues on mine even at 252 hp or 13#'s of boost. I am running at about 170 all the time I just cannot let it idle long periods or it rises to 200. Even riding at temps above 32 F I was fine

Mine for some reason late last season developed a censor problem saying it was hot and put it into limp mode when the gauge was reading 170 then the temp warning light would flash and go from 100 to 200 and back and forth. I would shut it down and it would clear.

I think Allen Ulmer told me this has been a problem with the temp censor.

My trail turbo always runs around 165-175 unless sitting and idling. Even then the fan would keep it between 195-200. Not sure why people say to not idle the sled with the turbo. I never had an issue with temperature. Just make sure you let it drop again before running it hard after sitting still.

We have 2 trail turbos and have the air cleaner outside sled and they run 165ish. No issues, even played in deep snow on a 40 degree day they run cool with lots of stop and go riding.

What are the intake air temps with the non innercooled trail turbo? My stage 1 holds a steady 59 degree intake temp and when idling for a minute or more it gets up to around 65. Intake heat for a turbo sled can potentially be more harmful than engine heat.

I could be wrong but I think it's a B.S. reading on the MPI kit because it is reading the intake to the turbo not the engine. Pretty sure it is the sensor in the cross tube between the filter and the turbo.

Correct. The sensor is in the cross tube. So if you're running your air cleaner outside of the sled that sensor reads outside temperature pretty much. Would be nice if they put that sensor after the turbo, that would be a more useful temperature reading but I'm guessing MPI had reasons for putting it where they did?? Idk. I have never liked the idea of putting the intake under the hood because you're always starting with a warmer air to begin with.

Correct. The sensor is in the cross tube. So if you're running your air cleaner outside of the sled that sensor reads outside temperature pretty much. Would be nice if they put that sensor after the turbo, that would be a more useful temperature reading but I'm guessing MPI had reasons for putting it where they did?? Idk. I have never liked the idea of putting the intake under the hood because you're always starting with a warmer air to begin with.
I wasn't sure if the ECM pulled the temperature from the MAP sensor or something. I would think it would need to know the actual temperature going into the engine for proper fueling but who knows. Maybe Matt or Alan will chime in on that one.

I was wondering about intake air temp also.
In my opinion if your not getting the air temp after the turbo ( charge air temp) your really not getting any good info.
I work on diesels for a living and charge air temp is critical. To hot and its grab time.

Back