• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Well it happened. My worst fear about buying the viper.

Has anybody try letting the machine sit for 20 or so minutes then try to start it? My dealer said it would work I was too impatient to wait when it happened to me.

Rolled my XTX and it sat on it's left side, almost upside down for over 5 minutes...after I got myself put together and rolled the sled back over on its skis it started right up with no issues. My friend rolled her XF7000 on it's right side at a very slow speed and it was only on its side for less than a minute. Hers did not flash an error code but the oil light was on and it would start but not stay running. We loosened the oil filler cap, started it and it took right off, no issues.

I wish I could have stuck around and tried a few things like the oil cap or vent line plug. It happened right in my buddies driveway as I was headed home for the night, and I pretty much had to take the ride home as they had to get to bed and/or get on the road because they both had to get up super early for work.

Now when I get back to the machine it'll have sat overnight and might jsut fire up right away. I would have liked to tried a few on-the-spot fixes in order to know what will work if it happens again in the future.

Well you could always do it again before you go home or at home, and then try some of the things that's been talked about ! :jump:

I had similar, crank crank, fired off didn't stay running, finally letting it sit for a minute or two off it went.

I thought about installing a valve and found out that it is real bad to run that motor with the valve left in the shut position. After ringing your bell or being tired from digging out it is conceivable to ride off forgetting to open it back up...
I ended up installing Four Stroke Solutions' kit. The kit will warn you if the solenoid valve happens to stick shut, in fact it won't let you take off. If it does happens you simply pull the plug and the default (no power) position is open. Lots of pictures on their website.

:sled2:

Not sure if it makes you feel better but I saw the same thing happen to a Nytro last weekend. It was stuck on hill and it was easier to roll it on its side a bit to get it down. Oil light was on for at least 3 engine starts and finally went out. I think they tied a rev limiter to the oil light on the Viper. Its a good thing that prevents damage.

yeah, mine didnt really seem to want to go out, and I was too scared to keep trying, as well as ran out of time to keep trying if I wanted a ride home. Oh well, she is home now. I think a gTalk convo between my cousin and I sums it up well:

Me:
sled is home where she belongs now. warming up in the garage after having to spend a night outside. poor thing

Him:
Was it shivering? You should pour some chicken soup into it so it can warm up
Hot chocolate
An electric blanket perhaps
You hugged it didn't you
I know you did

He was right on the last part.

:jump:

DigitalFusion said:
My viper is now sitting over in my buddies yard. I had to have her towed back and get a ride home.

I came around a really icy corner at about 15 mph, she slid around, the track caught, and she popped up on her right side for about 15 seconds. (really missing the ice ripper track at this point) I got her righted and before I could throw my legs back over the seat she died. Upon attempting to restart the oil light was on and P1338/P1339 were flashing on the dash. Im guessing it lost prime? It was late, and both my buddies have to get up extremely early for work so I had to take the ride home instead of figure it out.

I know its prolly nothing, and I am being a bit caught up in the frustration, but damn. I NEVER had an issue with the Apex like this, and she was on her side a few times. Same with the Phazer. This is just f**king stupid.

Engine oil low pressure Code is P0522
The codes you are seeing are P1338 Crankshaft spike detected
What the hell is crankshaft spike?
And P1339 crankshaft tooth not detected
This tells me some one needs to get their hands on a service manual.
The P1338 code has showed up in many threads in here.
Either that sensor is.
1 Loose
2 Poor connection into harness
3 Set too far from its target or
4 Defective
If the same sensor is responsible for both of these codes then maybe that is the reason for the starting issues, there may be a bad batch of sensors that is the root of the all that is wrong with the world.

DigitalFusion said:
yup, I got a ride over there and she fired right up!
What side did it roll over one,is one side worse than the other,my f1100 t was completely over on its left side in a ditch over new years,up onto the windshield,and this was what i was thinking would happen to,but it started right up ok.

yeah. Appearently the right side is the worst side to tip her onto.

Back