• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What are we to do

tedgoesfast

Expert
Yamaha is not thinking of us apex owners no 160 HP offering I don't want a viper to slow and still a cat sidewinder is not what I want they have belt issues and chaincase issue and tunnel issues if I wanted a article cat I would buy one hopefully skidoo will come out with a 160 HP 4 stroke cause thasts were I will be going you can't tell me Yamaha hasent seen there warranty rate go up since this partnership. At least I figured they would have had a good 160 HP all Japanese sled I don't want cats .Yamaha neefds to give its head a shake

Sidewinder's are solid, don't get to mislead from only the problems that post on here for help. Apex's had more problems comparatively back in 06. I'm a apex lover but honestly the sidewinder does everything better. I may cave and get a winder or try to get a 2018 apex just because I like them so much. A positive spin on AC manf, at least we got jobs in the US :)

Kinger is right.

I have the Catmaha 15 Viper STXDX 3300 or so miles and like it BUT is slow, so I got a low mile APEX XTX 13, beigning of a long day I want to ride the APEX and split my face smiling everytime I squeeze the flipper, on the way home I am happy to switch with who ever is on the VIPER, so much smoother. My two cents.
Both have been reliable for me.
I rode a SW at the 18 test ride in Munising and it was the most refined - quiet, POWERFUL, smooth great handling sled I have ever ridden. Now I have spent some miles on further boosted and deeper lugged and longer tracked SWs and they are IMPRESSIVE but not as well refined.

I think those who dump on Cat Chasis with any motor have not much actual experienc with them and read to much here into the reliability issues and dont remember the APEX/Warrior/RX issues we all dealt with before. 2 cents

Also Yamaha as always improved the Apex,etc. every year.. trouble to day gone tomorrow.. Anyone who knows the Apex from the beginning knows this.. So Sidewinder had some issues ..who doesn't .. bet this years got lot's of improvements.. no one talks about that yet.. all blah blah ..complaining and berating Yami..

My wifes car ( Escape) is a Mazda chassis and Ford drive train..etc. Best car we've owned.. No big deal .. many quality autos,etc are built like this.

I've seen chaincase issues first hand on the sindwinder not sleds fault not pdi correctly two people last year got a little over 50 miles and they blew apart then the single ply track concern also for me a would get a 240 flash then you start having belt issues I have seen this also.and yes a apex has issues but once you get olite bushing snowtrackers and DuPont slides they are good a set of donuts once and a while weld gussets in front a arm also revalve rear skid shock and its a good sled these are all small and easy issues all I was saying was about 150 to 160 HP sled that Yamaha has left out they need to fill this segment before some other company does I bought my first Yamaha in 1989 a phazer then a 91 phazer then a srv a 1993 sx exciter 1997 sx 700 a 2005 rx1 now a 07 gt apex all have been way above avearge in service knock on would never a engine or driveline issue all I got high milege from them and I know its hard to build a sled that does everything good but Yamaha has really tried but this year iam disappointed in leaving this segment out that's all

tedgofast look for left over and snap it up looks to be lots out there if need be get a yamacharger

Back