• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

what clutch kit are you guys running?

YamaMTX

Lifetime Member
I was wondering if anyone is running the Schmidt bros clutch kit?
Also looking for something that is going to work in MN and out west. What are you guys running? My sled is mostly stock for now but would like to boost it in the future. Thanks!

I understand people get irratated when similar questions are asked, you feel like come on man and do a search. Now don't take this wrong because I absolutly love this site but the search has a lot to be desired! You can do a search about clutch kits for a Nytro and everything under the sun shows up and it takes you hours to sift through it all. I have actually found it is easier to do a search in google and look for the TY stuff.

YamaMTX said:
I understand people get irratated when similar questions are asked, you feel like come on man and do a search. Now don't take this wrong because I absolutly love this site but the search has a lot to be desired! You can do a search about clutch kits for a Nytro and everything under the sun shows up and it takes you hours to sift through it all. I have actually found it is easier to do a search in google and look for the TY stuff.

I agree with you. I find it very time consuming when search for something on this site.

I agree 100%. Some people live on this site and have kept current on every post under the sun. Some of us don't have time to read every single post. So, it is faster just to ask a question....and everyone on the site is here to help right? Isn't that what a forum is all about?

I have done searches too and yes it is helpful, but time consuming when you search the word "clutch" and hundreds of posts come up.

I lived on the RXM forum and before that the ty SRX forum and MMax forum etc.. I am new to the MTX forum so I hope I don't have to feel guilty asking questions. The people on this site are like no other....always there to help.

Im running Super tips and a Shockwave for the secondary on the turbo sled. So not really a kit. Stock on the RTX for now..

if you are going to run it flat land and in the mountains you are going to need 2 totally different set ups. I would suggest the shockwave for the secondary for its adjustability then the super tips for the primary or similar because they are easier to change the weight.

Maybe someone will chime in with the elevation you plan riding out west with a good clutch setp.

Hartman is a good resource as well.

If the shockwave would go down to a 39 degree angle like the stock MTX helix does, then it would be a good choice, but it only goes down to about a 41 degree angle.

I have run Super Tips at home and up to 10,000 feet, but it required two different helixes to make the setup work.

Right now I am running the stock setup at home and out west I have another set of stock weights with out rivets that I run out west along with a different spring. Everyone I have heard having a clutch kit says they are great in this sled, My concern is I really don't want to have $700-1000 just in clutching set ups. So I am looking for something that is going to impove the sled but is easy and cost effective for the different elevations.

yah the search kinda sucks,,, and its always nice to start a new post because new stuff comes out, and peolpe have had more time to test there set up.
.. i run the stock clutch set up minus all the weights.. sled is stock with 18 40 gearing 153,, i live on the northcoast of bc and mainly ride around 3000 feet,, hits the rev limiter in some snow conditions but in the pow its perfect.... dont like spending big money on clutching especially since yammis clutchs are some of the best...
did some searching online,, dosnt seem like theres much for a mtn set up, all i could find was drag race flatlander crap.

I have DNF weights with the HK black spring. A white secondary spring at 6/1. This is my flatland set-up. I'm thinking of running a GWG primary in cooke this year....and I'll just have to figure what weight to run.

Back