• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What does this part do?

nytrochris62

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2009 Nytro XTX
I just serviced my shocks and the whole skid, but the rebound seems to be worse than normal. What does the part in the attached image do? Its the only thing that I haven't touched yet.

Attachments

• sled.JPG
    sled.JPG
    37.5 KB · Views: 114

Ok, I'm guessing its to keep the skid aligned and straight also? With the coil springs off this part moves in and out easily.....it that how its supposed to be?

Are there stronger coil springs that I can install to help the rebound? I'm a big guy.

Not really. More just changes the pivot point so you either get more transfer to the rear or less so there's more weight on the front.

There's stronger springs available but a shock revalve is probably better. Lots have done the starts upgrade as well. You'll never get all the rebound back on a nytro. Siting on the floor flat typically there's around a half to one inch of drop in the rear suspension. As its worked and warmed up that number usually drops some.

I'll have to look into some stronger springs. It looks the 2007 apex has some stronger ones.

Back