• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What is it?

blkhwkbob

VIP Member
So I bought this sled through a pawn shop. I have no history of it at all, and new to the four stroke side.

03 Rx-1. Down near the bottom of the oil tank, there is a cast aluminum piece inserted in a coolant line. This piece has a weird rubber plug with five prongs. It also has a flat wire coming off the plug with 3 conductors heading up somewhere. I have the service manual and I don't see this piece anywhere, and the plug and wire just don't look like something Yamaha would do. Someone out there has to know what it is, I hope.

I found this on a 03 my buddy just got. how is this sled looking do you have it ready for the snow? I know it was a little rough when you got it.

Jeff

You know, the sled is a little dirty, but overall it is in very good shape. I'm going through it now and replacing some small rusty and pitted parts, but I'm really happy with it after all. Ebay has like 30 pages of RX-1 parts, so anything I want to swap out is easy to find. The rear suspension is almost perfect. It had two chewed up wheels, but the bearings and shaft were fine and I had replacements in the garage.

Now we're looking for another RX-1 for Tony.

Back