• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What is stock plug on apex?

NGK CR9E

those plugs do not come with terminal nuts? did you add them after or install then as is

CR9E come with solid terminals.
CR10EK are the ones that are threaded terminals with no caps.

I bought CR9E last week from canadian tire and they had no terminals, I just used the terminals from the plugs I removed.. I guess its possible they were ngk CR9 and not ngk CR9E .. The ones I bought though were the same as the ones I took out minus the nut..

upload_2016-11-4_12-21-12.png

my mistake Joe, should be CR9EB that has the solid cap

Attachments

• NCR9EB.jpg
    NCR9EB.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 78
hey no problem.. the odd thing though is the manual in fact says to use NGK R CR9E. this is of particular interest to me because I had a hard time getting the plug coil back on snug for one the plugs.. so I removed the terminal cap and it sealed nicely again.. I've sinse read this is probably not a good idea so I will look at it again before I fire it up.. I suspect a few more turns on the plug is needed.. but it was already tight so I was reluctant to do that

Not sure what sled manual you have, for the RX-1 the plug spec was CR9E, for the 2006+Apex it shows CR9EB in the manuals I have. I'm sure you will be fine with the 9E's as long as you put the threaded caps on since the ignition coil/plug boot is set up for capped plugs for Apex's, assuming you have an Apex of course.

Last edited:
yea I have a 2008 apex rtc with fouled fricken plugs :) changed now.. I honestly didn't look at the manual to see what plugs it should take.. I just put in the same kind I took out..

How do you foul plugs on an Apex? Or is this just your replace every 8 years or 30K miles maintenance?

How do you foul plugs on an Apex? Or is this just your replace every 8 years or 30K miles maintenance?

Real easy to foul Apex plugs. Brief starts of the engine without allowing it to warm up properly is the usual cause. My buddy liked to do a 30 second run to let everyone hear how nice it sounded......big mistake. Even quick run to load on a trailer can foul plugs. If you need to start for any reason you should let it warm up for 5 to 10 minutes to prevent this.

what he said.. that said I am hoping its fouled plugs.. based on my actions and the result, I think it is fouled plugs.. I'll let you know when I get around to turning it over..

Back