• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What is the spec adjustment on the exup valve

Kaz said:
Daranello said:
Play my video above. You'll see the 54 at the start...with the numbers you have I'm guesting you off????

I see now, re did again and prior to cycle it, I have 52-53, 175 and 4, good enough. She do at least 200 kph over an cliff with 100 mph tail wind lol now.

All kidding a side, the best I have seen is in the 170+ kph range, the XTX's are faster believe or not, buddies XTX gets up into the 180"s kph, go figure spinning a 144" track.

The 128" could use more clearance in the tunnel, I don't know want Yamaha was thinking, too loose a track and your up against the tunnel protectors which scrubs off top end.

Kaz

Yamaha says the XTX are only 1.5mph faster...but the shortys have higher gears so on ice the 128 may take the XTX...I'll find out this winter...

As for the EXUP I dont think you go by the dash...my number were the same maytimes with the adjustor out....that being said anytime I didnt have "0" on the cycle it was WAY off...you have 30 degrees less range than mine...I would guess you have lots of slack in your cables....if I were you if pull the seat and tank and check it to be sure...

Whats the proper way to simply check the operation and positioning in diagnostic mode on the dash? How do i cycle the system once in diagnostic mode? Do i hold down on the handwarmer button continuosly and if so do i hold it up or down? Should my cables at the servo above the seconday clutch have slack in them or no slack with the sled sitting and turned off?

I saw the downloads. Looks simple enough. 2 questions, what is the little tool we are supposed to use to check the notch/boss alignment? Also whats procedure for seat removal? Are there bolts underthe gas tank shroud? What about at the rear of the sled?

Mr Shide, what are you doing Saturday? I'm in So. Bend visiting my mom. I could drive down and help you with your maintenance.

Much appreciAted but were having a bday party. I found on another thread that removing the seat is just 2 bolts in the trunk area? Sounds easier then my old 06 apex. I should be able to figure it out no problems. Thanks though!

Daranello said:
Kaz said:
Daranello said:
Play my video above. You'll see the 54 at the start...with the numbers you have I'm guesting you off????

I see now, re did again and prior to cycle it, I have 52-53, 175 and 4, good enough. She do at least 200 kph over an cliff with 100 mph tail wind lol now.

All kidding a side, the best I have seen is in the 170+ kph range, the XTX's are faster believe or not, buddies XTX gets up into the 180"s kph, go figure spinning a 144" track.

The 128" could use more clearance in the tunnel, I don't know want Yamaha was thinking, too loose a track and your up against the tunnel protectors which scrubs off top end.

Kaz

Yamaha says the XTX are only 1.5mph faster...but the shortys have higher gears so on ice the 128 may take the XTX...I'll find out this winter...

As for the EXUP I dont think you go by the dash...my number were the same maytimes with the adjustor out....that being said anytime I didnt have "0" on the cycle it was WAY off...you have 30 degrees less range than mine...I would guess you have lots of slack in your cables....if I were you if pull the seat and tank and check it to be sure...

I read this post this morning and decided to have a peek at mine with just checking the numbers in diagnostic mode yesterday. The motor is sitting where it should based on the numbers read on the dash so it is correct.

Are getting the correct numbers more important than the cable slack or do they coincide? Has anyone figured how the numbers relate to performance?

Back