• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What is your RX-1 flat-cruise MPH @ 7500 & 8000 RPM?

GT Mills

Veteran
Country
USA
Snowmobile
RX1
Everyone wants to talk about WOT top end speed, but I couldn't care less. What I want to know is what does your sled do at 7000 RPM, 7500 RPM, 8000 RPM and 8500 RPM on long, flat, smooth surfaces like lake runs? Thanks! Gerg

If I remember correctly, it is fairly linear 60 at 6, 70 at 7, 80 at 8, 90 at 9, and 100 at 10 I haven't rode my RX1 in 3 years now. I did gear it down one tooth (lower number top gear) to match the mountain sled specs. Takes off easier without burning or squealing the belt. I only have 12,000 miles on mine.

Everyone wants to talk about WOT top end speed, but I couldn't care less. What I want to know is what does your sled do at 7000 RPM, 7500 RPM, 8000 RPM and 8500 RPM on long, flat, smooth surfaces like lake runs? Thanks! Gerg
If you don't care about top speed you can certainly add weight to bring down your cruising RPM's at the cost of top speed.
This is why tunes on Sidewinders often improve MPG. The more top power a machine has, the heavier weight it can handle which will also lower cruising RPM's.

Thanks, I was seeing 70 at 7 as well, even on grass, standard reduction ratio on my first '03 RX1 purchased 2011 with 2400 miles showing, and my second one purchased 2013. Never had any place to run them any faster than that, kept running out of room.

Thanks, I was seeing 70 at 7 as well, even on grass, standard reduction ratio on my first '03 RX1 purchased 2011 with 2400 miles showing, and my second one purchased 2013. Never had any place to run them any faster than that, kept running out of room.
You've never run your RX1 faster than 70? Man, are you in for a surprise. Hint, they go a bit faster than that? :)

Back