• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What is your Tuner Ski setup ?

Dealer was recomending 4 inside 2 out side on tuners in his LES area lots of loose snow on trails & I ride a lot of icy hardpak twistys. The Tuners were shorter than stock 2007 Attak skis & I use 8" Bergstroms with 96 studs down the center. The YMC carbides looked cheap & I have to ride roads to get to trails so did not get warm fuzzies regarding YMC carbide quality. I want razor sharp turning but do not want darting or increased steering effort. Dealer said if I go with too much carbide I would increase steering effort. I just did not know what to do so did not purchase? Slept on it & I think tuners with Bergstrom or Woody's might be the ticket but really no data to know for sure? We need to know about tuners & different crabide set ups for Attaks then deceide what to do? I hope lots of guys feed back on tuners with carbide set up & non EPS models so we know if really improvement over old stock skis with Bergstroms?

whitedust1 said:
Dealer was recomending 4 inside 2 out side on tuners in his LES area lots of loose snow on trails & I ride a lot of icy hardpak twistys. The Tuners were shorter than stock 2007 Attak skis & I use 8" Bergstroms with 96 studs down the center. The YMC carbides looked cheap & I have to ride roads to get to trails so did not get warm fuzzies regarding YMC carbide quality. I want razor sharp turning but do not want darting or increased steering effort. Dealer said if I go with too much carbide I would increase steering effort. I just did not know what to do so did not purchase? Slept on it & I think tuners with Bergstrom or Woody's might be the ticket but really no data to know for sure? We need to know about tuners & different crabide set ups for Attaks then deceide what to do? I hope lots of guys feed back on tuners with carbide set up & non EPS models so we know if really improvement over old stock skis with Bergstroms?

X2 I really like my Bergstrom 8" triple points on my stock ski's. I am thinking about buying a set of the tuner ski's and would like to re-use my Bergstroms as they are in excellent condition. I would like to hear from others who have used the 8" triple points and a hard weld on the tuner ski's on a non EPS Apex.

2009 Apex LTX, Cobra track and no studs..I have 100 miles on them with 6" inside and 4" out. That setup was too aggressive IMO, steering was a bit heavy and I thought it caused some inside ski lift. There was no darting however. I just ordered a set of 2" for the outside and will move the 4" to the inside. I'm thinking this might be good compromise. Yamaha is really genius for coming up with these, what a great way to sell some extra carbides as we juggle combinations to find what works.

Blue Dave said:
X2 I really like my Bergstrom 8" triple points on my stock ski's. I am thinking about buying a set of the tuner ski's and would like to re-use my Bergstroms as they are in excellent condition. I would like to hear from others who have used the 8" triple points and a hard weld on the tuner ski's on a non EPS Apex.

If I read this correctly, you won't be able to use the carbides from a stock ski as the tuners use a totally different length and stud spacing. I'm using the '2/4APEX4/2' combo and it seems really great so far, however it's been almost all powder riding with little to no groomed or packed trail experience.

First ride yesterday with my Tuner skis. I am running 6" outside and 0 on the inside. I ran Snowtrackers 2 years ago and then tried Dartless last year. I loved the Snowtrackers but then I decided to try Dartless last year. I found the steering a lot harder with the Dartless and got hung up crossing some RR tracks so I did not care for Dartless.

The tuner skis are every bit as good as Snowtrackers. Maybe even better. Easy stearing and no Darting at all. I did not get into any Twisty trails so I can't comment on that yet.

4 inch inner / 6 inch outer last year.........either 117 or 119 mph gps. I forget which one, but they're both fast. I'd say speed isn't affected too bad.

jf

I can tell you in 10 inches of the heaviest wet snow you can imagine they are horrible.
Turn the handle bars and sled just goes straight basically.

That snow has now froze, but have not had chance to try them again.

Back