• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What would you change about your trailer now that you've used it for a while?

pay2play

Expert
I'm planning to update from a 2004 Aluma 12 foot ride on/off trailer. I bought it used in 2007 and it's been good to me. I'm replacing the wiring harness that has given me some challenges, but I expect that will be sorted out and make a good trailer for the next guy. I know I want an inline trailer, but am having trouble deciding on the size, features and options that I want. Ideally, a trailer that can do it all would be great and would last a lifetime of snowmobile trips, furniture moving, lumber hauling and side x side summer running. But, I don't own a side x side and I'm not sure I ever will. I own two sleds and can't decide if I'm responsible for hauling my buddies sleds too. Reasonably, a three place 23x7 or 7.5 is my likely size. I will likely choose a Neo or an R&R for value. I would like a radius top for extra height but I don't have a really tall garage when I would want to work on it in a covered area. So, my question to you is, what would you change about your trailer now that you have used it? Pictures appreciated.

I wish my trailer had vented sky light. It is dark inside when in the pole barn with only side door open. Also dark outside with doors closed.

Skylight or couple of rectangular windows on the side wall near the top would be a good idea. All added cost though. I did not put a couple of fuel doors which I thought I could get by without. I'm sorry that I did not request those. A good tip for anyone ordering a new trailer is, try to get the roof made out of as few seams as possible. As good as the caulking may be, manufacturers recommend replacing it every few years, for good reason, it does come loose. You could also request that they use that Commercial Roof and Leak Repair Tape instead of caulking, fairly pricey but supposed to last. I just bought two 50' rolls to redo mine completely.

The only thing I would do is get a taller trailer, that being able to haul a side by side, but that is because I already have one.
If you think you won't get one then I would get a regular height.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 145
I got a new v nose double couple years ago. Front and rear drive on and drive off doors plus side access . I always use reverse and back sleds out so front drive off door goes mainly unsed. What was a problem is tie down and storing gear in front of trailer. Load sleds and always had to climb over them to get to the front to tie down or store stuff . Last year took trailer back to manufactuerer and had them put door in front V similar to a side access door. Makes storing stuff and tie town easy.

tie downs for sure. once I insulated the roof on mine and added some lights it was fine inside. 2013 united enclosed 8'6" wide and 25' long. just need more truck now to pull it.

Back