• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

what years to avoid?

BlkHawk73

Veteran
Thinking I'll let the RX1 go spend some money and buy two sleds - one for me, one for the boy. Phaser for the boy is pretty much a given. Thinking the same for myself as speed and hp aren't biggies for me at all. still, love the looks and styling of the Nytro. So...is here any particular years I should be avoiding or any that should be given a bit more interest?

If you want to spend a little more I have an 09 but I believe it was 2012 when they started putting the ripsaw 2 tracks in and better skis/ handling but correct me if I'm wrong guys

Your boy won't be able to keep you in sight if you ride a Nytro lol

I had an 05 Vector and now drive an 08 RTX Nytro, day and night.

Doesn't matter what year you buy, the upgrades are the same on all the model years (skid protector, steering relocator, skis, bushings, handwarmers, solid state relays and tunnel blockoff ), I would go with a 136 track though, if I was to do it again

People will say to avoid the 08, i bought one with 1900 miles for less and did the few upgrades and still spent less than i would have for an 09 with around 5k miles

I would suggest the Nytro for yourself.... not that the phazer is bad machine but for a little more money its worth it...again that's just my opinion.
I know here in NL a lot of dealers have left over Nytro's in stock and there going really cheap and the same for used ones too.

Thanx guys! Went for a ride on the RX1 yesterday after new plugs and new belt. Much more zip! (think a plug was fouled) Really like this RX1 but kinda want newer, it' an '05, and the Nytro would also save a little weight and while it would still be 2x what I'd need, it's less oomph than the current ride. Still debating about it. Might be a Phazer/Nytro... Might be Phazer/Phazer... :)

Thanx guys! Went for a ride on the RX1 yesterday after new plugs and new belt. Much more zip! (think a plug was fouled) Really like this RX1 but kinda want newer, it' an '05, and the Nytro would also save a little weight and while it would still be 2x what I'd need, it's less oomph than the current ride. Still debating about it. Might be a Phazer/Nytro... Might be Phazer/Phazer... :)
might as well go Nytro/Nytro because b4 you know it your boy will be on the Nytro and you`ll be playin` catch up on the phazer. :sled1: LOL

Back