• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Whats the best setting for Cruve Skis

sledhead317 said:
Any one play with these skis 0 toe or a little toe out ?

This is the PM I got straight from the Curve fellas

You will want to set your toe .25" OUT in front. If you measure off the ski, keep in mind that they are .25" wider up front than in back. This means that for an actual toe of .25" out, you must measure a total of .5" out on your tape. If you use the carbide studs as a reference or the spindle mounting structure, use the traditional method of toe adjustment.

I checked mine and they were at about 1/4" to 3/8" toe out. Haven't tried anything else but I will say I am VERY happy with the results and the skis, as a whole. This is on a 09' so I don't know how this may translate to the 08's but to me the skis were very responsive but not overly aggressive, easy to steer, the whole works. The only thing I'm unsure of is the carbide. It seems with the center section out you can't steer on the ice or concrete for that matter. I have a set of 7.5" full shapers I'm going to try once the base gets better. I hope the ease of steering remains. I was actually able to ride standing with one hand and feel totally in control and steer the sled no problem. So far, an A for the Curves.

We haven't had a chance to get some traditional shaper bars on our 09 SE yet. The 08 FX Nytro specific shaper we developed may be not as good a choice for the 09. Not that they wont work, but they may not be needed and a traditional bar can possibly be used in it's place. We will keep everyone posted on our test results ;)!

- Sean

www.CurveIndustries.com
www.RideWithRobbie.com

Hey Sean - I noticed there are additional holes drilled in the skis for various carbide options.

What other carbides will work with these skis? I believe you said the shapers I ordered are the same as C&A's. What other ski pattern will work in case I'm out in 'buktoo and need a carbide asap & can't find a C&A pattern.

oh yeah - I noticed the lack of steering on ice/concrete too. any suggestions?

The skis are drilled for either a 17" host bar or a 10" race host bar, both in the Stud Boy 2198 Series (C&A) stud configuration.

The first bar we are going to try is our Nytro specific "race bar". The carbide is located closer to the center so you can turn on ice and pavement better. They are NOT recommended for '08 FX Nytro trail riders however they may be perfect on the '09s. We are going to be testing all next week prior to xmas and will keep everyone posted.

- Sean

www.CurveIndustries.com
www.RideWithRobbie.com

carbides

If you find a better carbide configuration please post the part # to make the studboy carbide purchase easier, thanks.

Back