• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Whats your favoite oil brand to use? (POLL)

NLViper said:
What about the Joe Gibbs on Ulmers site, any body try that? Was thinking about running it this winter

I talked to Joe Gibs Racing the other day about running their oil in my sled, they told me they would not recommend thieir oil because I told them it would have to last 2000kms. They do not recommend their oil for over 500 miles. It does not have much detergent and will cause deposits if not changed frequently. Race oil only.

Amsoil for me. 0-40 synthetic.

T-Nytro said:
NLViper said:
What about the Joe Gibbs on Ulmers site, any body try that? Was thinking about running it this winter

I talked to Joe Gibs Racing the other day about running their oil in my sled, they told me they would not recommend thieir oil because I told them it would have to last 2000kms. They do not recommend their oil for over 500 miles. It does not have much detergent and will cause deposits if not changed frequently. Race oil only.

Amsoil for me. 0-40 synthetic.

Yes, but they have other oil that I use and it's their XP-2 0W-20 and it's fine and I ran it for 2000 miles and it was fine. They might have been refering to their qualifying oil. Ulmer sells it he knows all about it. He could chine in. Talk to him about it..

Not sure if a 0w-20 has sufficient viscosity for the nytro engine. Why would you run a lower viscosity compared to factory??? Talk to your dealer...you me be playing with fire!

viento79 said:
Not sure if a 0w-20 has sufficient viscosity for the nytro engine. Why would you run a lower viscosity compared to factory??? Talk to your dealer...you me be playing with fire!

Oh ya.... I'm usually am playing with fire when I mod my sled... My dealer does not know what I do to my sleds...

tomMTX said:
Amsoil Synthetic 0w-40. I run it in my dirtbikes as well. I'm so in love with this oil that I freaked out when I found out that the GIJOES (local retailer that stocks Amsoil for $7-9 a Quart) was going out of business I ordered up a case to last me for a while.. still got 10 bottles left.

aff_qt_350pxh.jpg

This stuff is the best IMO.....

Daranello said:
I'm bought 0w40 yamalube but may return it cause I hear ya lose RPM with thinker oil...maybe a 30 or 20 will be faster

I am not sure how much you will notice it trail riding, but on the dyno or in racing applications it makes a slight difference. For example in Sprint Cup qualifying the teams run super light oil in the motor that is preheated. They also run super light differential fluid in the rear end. The thicker oils give better protection but at a cost. For longevity purposes I would just stay with 40 weight.

Back