• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What's your favorite stretch of trail?

yamadoo said:
North shore trail, going NE out of Duluth, MN, after the PIT, ie resevoir rider trail intersection with the North shore -there is a section we call the 'DROP" zone as the hills or rises you crest are followed by blind DROPS with enough length to land on the down hill slope after scary amounts of 'air time'.

Yamadoo
x2

IAVECTORGT said:
I have 3 favorites, but if my life was on the line they would be in this order:
1) Snow gauge trail in da yoop
2) Eagles loop in da yoop
3) Freda loop in da yoop
Note: great bars at the end of the top 2 loops!!
Amen! the snow gauge trail is my fav as well. forgot the number for it though

Pipeline between Steward lake lodge and Kenora. Huge monster hills with drops that will put your stomach in your throat. The up and down rollercoaster ride rivals anything man made.

raginyamaha said:
IAVECTORGT said:
I have 3 favorites, but if my life was on the line they would be in this order:
1) Snow gauge trail in da yoop
2) Eagles loop in da yoop
3) Freda loop in da yoop
Note: great bars at the end of the top 2 loops!!
Amen! the snow gauge trail is my fav as well. forgot the number for it though
Trail 124, it's fast and a blast!

Love pounding whoops on power lines and ditches!! Great around Gaylord or along the side of trail 8 between Chatham and Gwinn

Also love the curvy trail between Christmas and downtown Munising

langow said:
Yamaha 40th said:
I can't remember the number but it's the trail that heads SW out of Lake In The Clouds word Mercer

That's Trail 117. Runs the South Boundary Rd in the Porcupine Mountain State Park. About 25 miles running at 90 MPH the whole way. Wide trail Awesome and always table top flat.

Read 5 pages of suggestions until I found someone who shares my personal favorite. Rode this once when they had groomed one-way trails with a 3-foot high divider in the center. Oh yea, there was also 18 inches of fresh powder on each side. It was so much fun we gassed up at Silver City and turned around and went back.

The power line by Long Lake in St. Agatha, and the trail from Mars Hill to Easton, then straight up through the boarder trail to Van buren.

15 north out of Iron River MI nothing but trees for 52 miles until intersects Trail 8 10-15 miles west of Sidnaw,MI. Some very tight, some lake riding, some wide open. Wore down many a bud on 15N since takes about 50-60 miles to get there from WI & no place to stop & ragged edge of gas range. Take away Sidnaw gas & screwed on rannge. Not for the meek,casual or out of shape riders. They will find themselves in over their heads big mile riders will do ok but no bailouts so take a bud.lol. Not well traveled zero traffic.

driftbuster said:
langow said:
Yamaha 40th said:
I can't remember the number but it's the trail that heads SW out of Lake In The Clouds word Mercer

That's Trail 117. Runs the South Boundary Rd in the Porcupine Mountain State Park. About 25 miles running at 90 MPH the whole way. Wide trail Awesome and always table top flat.

Read 5 pages of suggestions until I found someone who shares my personal favorite. Rode this once when they had groomed one-way trails with a 3-foot high divider in the center. Oh yea, there was also 18 inches of fresh powder on each side. It was so much fun we gassed up at Silver City and turned around and went back.

Thats the trail this happened!!!

Deerpics.jpg

Great trail though!

driftbuster said:
langow said:
Yamaha 40th said:

Must have been a long time ago as no gas in Silver City for many years now. I used to run South Boundary back & forth & gas up in Silver City in the late 90s. Only gas now is in White Pine or Bergland & must plan accordingly so just letting you know not the way it was back then. BTW always a 2 way trail just can get deep in middle when snow gets pushed in by traffic & same thing happens on trail to up LOC.

Back