• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Whats your project sled?

kinger

VIP Member
Website
www.piergenius.com
Curious what everyone is doing for project sleds or dream sleds money no object.

Personally I built mine basically from the bulkhead up last summer with the great help here from TY member and it was flawless all year. It will run over 150mph on the dream meter, gets 16mpg with me hammering on the gas, with the suspension and seat I ride all day and never sore even on our marathon 310 mile day which doubled our previous long day, I can adjust the front for changing conditions in seconds, etc. I wanted the perfect trail sled, with min maint, and to not lose a race, and be COMFORTABLE. All for less then 6K and I got it.

What are you guys doing or dreaming about for 09?

I would like to build a ditchbanger for our Iowa ditches. Keep the RX for my trail machine.

Thinking a Phazer moutain lite would be a great base to start with, lighten it as much as I can afford, gear her nice and low, add a 144 ZX2, custom graphics and powdercoating, and start pounding the drifts!

Wishing for a turbo on my wifes phazer mountain.........

Probably not this year. Got the FXNytro MTX for myself this year, upgrading from an 2003 RX-1. I know I made the right decision, I love that sled!!!! Since the money is all gone this sled season, will have to wait a fair bit till I boost her sled............

I'm starting mine this summer.

Base Nytro RTX
zx2 144" Suspension
Boost
That's it, dream sled for our conditions...

And, I just built my last dream sled and put it up for sale.

It's a 2004 Ski-Doo renegade 136" With a 1996 Ski-Doo mach z 779 Three cylinder motor....GREAT sled, but nothing beats 4-stroke and boost....

Even as I type this, the donor sled for my next project is making it's way from Wisconsin to Manitoba. It is an '06 Apex GT. Over the summer it will get the following:

Complete engine re-build, with 12mm studs & close decked block.
Crank lightening and balance (shooting for about 3 lbs)
9:1 JE pistons
Complete FJO engine management unit, with meth injection, progressive nitrous, timing, fuel and electronic boost control. Complete FJO gauges, integrated into ECU with full datalogging.
Best of breed turbo components, plus several parts that we'll make ourselves.
No decision on the cosmetics yet. It will be distinctive, but subtle.

Lakercr..... Please keep us up to date as you do that job this summer !!! ;)!

Attachments

• .0659 cropped.jpg
    .0659 cropped.jpg
    474.2 KB · Views: 88
Put your goals in there for the sled as well.

Here are mine
Goal trail sled: Comfy must be able to ride it 300+ miles a day, NO WRENCHING EVER THE WHOLE WINTER, fastest guy across the lake always, Jump when appropriate, no darting, good on mpg, clean and classy look almost scary never gaudy.

Goal ditchbanger: Lightweight, easy to toss around, sturdy suspension for landings, rip your arm sockets out till you get to 80mph, no need for anything faster then 80mph, 144"+ track, 2"+ lugs, look would be moutain esqe, no windy, tall bars, beatup hood or those cloth type hoods, tail that sticks WAY up in the air.

Thoughts, c'mon guys I know your planning!

Back