• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What's your riding conditions like?

To make it all worse. If we would have had colder temps on the rain days we would probably have 2+feet of snow on the ground as we've gotten over 3 inches of rain since the first snow ... Pure frustration.

Getting worse..:(

Yup. Anything we had is now gone. Been 8 hours of rain and we are down to grass. Even the 2' snowbanks we had are gone.

Hoping for a good January and February because I don't think this is gonna be a good season. But I do hope I'm wrong.

We were spoiled in the Duluth/Superior area with 2 feet of snow on the ground the last 2 new years.

Christmas Day is 14 degrees Celsius here and up to 40mm of rain! And the ground is already green! Gas is $0.95/litre too, compared to $1.40 ish last season, so snowmobiling would be cheaper if it would just snow!

61 degrees here on Christmas Eve....

While living in central OH I don't always expect a white Christmas but I also don't expect to be able to wear a T-shirt out to get the mail....unreal.

Damn southern heat blowing up north. The UP is about 2 hours from me and they are known for heavy heavy seasonal snowfall and they only have about a foot of snow as a base this year.

Trails are opening here in Kirkland Lake, Ontario and the Northern Corridor between Cochrane and Hearst has been open for a week or more. My sled is back together and I might go for a rip with the wife tomorrow.

Trails are opening here in Kirkland Lake, Ontario and the Northern Corridor between Cochrane and Hearst has been open for a week or more. My sled is back together and I might go for a rip with the wife tomorrow.
Jerk. while you're having fun most of us will be mowing our grass

Riding conditions are not great, but I can ride. They just started grooming yesterday. Things still are not frozen great but they are trying to build trails. We are expecting 15 cm snow tonight so hopefully we get more than that.

Santa was good to us 5 miles north of Thunder Bay today.
DSC02819.JPG
No snow, but no melting either, so the ice base with 3-4 inches of snow on top lets you go anywhere without touching gravel.

How's the snow holding up in Ontario?

The trails are opening up north of Timmons and some have reported great riding, down south around Georgian bay we are cooked. Lost pretty much everything. Cold front coming in so we are praying for some lake effect. Was skiing today at blue mountain, things are getting pretty desperate even in the ski biz. They need a cold blast to start the guns up again.Ms

Back